Our heritage: Similac® through the generations
More than 100 years of caring for moms and babies
For more than a century, the makers of Similac have been dedicated to giving moms and babies a strong start. Our most recent innovations are designed to help you do exactly that.
- Similac® Advance®: This formula has our unique blend of prebiotics, nucleotides, and carotenoids — nutrients naturally found in breast milk.
- Similac® SimplePac®: Our mom-friendly container revolutionized baby formula packaging.
But our story really begins at the turn of the last century. The year 1903 brought about many great things, including the Wright Brothers’ first flight, the first World Series of baseball, and the Moores and Ross Milk Company.
Two decades later, the Moores and Ross Milk Company developed the first commercial milk-based baby formula, and Similac was a hit with moms across the country. Following the success of Similac, the Moores and Ross Milk Company continued to make advancements in baby formula. In 1964, Ross Laboratories merged with Abbott Laboratories. And today, the Abbott Nutrition product line includes hypoallergenic, soy, organic, and sensitive formulas — and more — to help moms nourish babies no matter what their nutritional needs.
Whether you are formula feeding or supplementing breast milk, you can be confident knowing that Similac Advance is designed to be more like breast milk and to help build a strong immune system
StrongMoms® — where everything we do is inspired by moms — is brought to you by Similac.
Keep learning about your baby's development every week
- Expert nutrition guidance for your pregnancy
- Weekly updates on how your baby is developing and growing
- Up to $329† in membership benefits