When Did Your Toddler Stop Napping?

• My 3 year old has suddenly decided not to take a nap. While he may not need one anymore, I am having a hard time adjusting! When did your toddler stop taking a nap? How did you handle it?

• We have a four year old and a two year old and our four year old stopped napping when she was two and no matter what we have done, has never resumed napping at all. On the flip side, my two year old (she turns three in Feb) still take two naps per day. So I guess what I am saying is that it's really hard to tell. It seems to me that toddlers do what they want no matter how we try. Let me know what you do and how it works out.

• My 2 year old still takes a nap in the afternoon for a couple of hours. Lately though, he has skipped it once or twice. I'm afraid of this becoming a trend - I personally need his nap time more than he does, I think! :-p I think AnswerDad is right - every kid is different and does their own thing. Hang in there.

• On the flip side, my two year old now naps late afternoon and we are finding she is wide awake sometimes until 10pm! Now we are encouraging her to only take one nap instead of two. It can become maddening! Just when you think you have a routine and have figured it out, kids tend to shoot off in an other direction!

• My 3 year old daughter does not take naps anymore everytime I try to get her to she ends up getting out of her bed when her brohter, who is 2, falls asleep. she stopped taking a nap just before she turned 3 and she turned 3 in May. What I do is once my son falls asleep she will go to the living room and watch Nick Jr. or either I will give her a coloring book and let her color so I can get some cleaning done or get a shower or something...other wise I never get a chance to do anything. Whenever my son stops taking a nap I dont know what I am going to do. I hope it wont be soon!!!

• I haven't quite gotten to this stage yet, but I was talking to my mom the other day about napping habits.  She said that I stopped taking naps around 2.  Her rule with me was that even if I didn't nap I had to spend an hour having quiet time in my room.  I could read or color, anything restful, but I had to stay in my room.  She would set a timer for me so I'd know how much time I had left.  Every so often I'd even fall asleep (though according to her that only happened about 1% of the time :) ).  Good luck!!