First haircut and he lost his curls!!!

• I knew this would happen--my little boy lost his curls when they cut his hair, and I am a little sad. He doesn’t look like a baby anymore and I am saddened to leave that part of life behind. What milestones did you find difficult? Did you get sad when your baby got his/her hair cut? -- Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• I was, sadly, the one pushing for my boy's first haircut! He had long, wispy curls and I really love the little man look of short hair. EVERYONE in my family (my grandmother, mother, husband, etc) didn't want me to cut his hair for a long time yet but I really loved it when they did! Such a special little memory. We got a lock of his hair and a first picture from the place we went. Most people I know, however, feel more teary and sad than I did. :-p 

• Awwww.  My husband shed a tear when our daughter came home with her first missing tooth! He shook his head and said, "It's over."

• Growing up is hard on everyone!  I think it's important to feel the loses, but look to all that is gained as your little one becomes a little-well less little.  There are so many remarkable milestones to come.  Perhaps marking these moments in a scrapbook as part of letting go and remembering would be a good way to process the feelings.  I sure love my baby book, lock of hair in it and all. :)

-Jess

• You are all so right. It is hard watching them grow up and knowing that every day is one day less you will have with them as children. I love my job as a mommy and this time with my children is so precious. Yet, as some one once told me...." A mother's job is to teach her children to not need her anymore. The hardest part of that job is accepting success." .....so true.

• My little girl first haircut is that when she reached 1 yr old. She also lost her curls when we cut her hair. But after a few months her hair grows fast and it changes to straight one.