Potty training troubles—Need advice!

• I am in the process of potty training my 3 year old boy who exhibits all the signs of being ready to potty train. As long as he is naked, he does a great job of potty training; however, the second I put any type of underwear on him, he has accidents. How can I help him get over this "glitch"—he can't run around naked forever!!! --Bonnie, Strongmoms facilitator

• Do they make boxers for little boys? I'm wondering if the tightness of regular underwear reminds him of diapers and subconsciously causes him to have accidents. I'm also wondering if the looseness of boxers would help him want to potty train more since he does well when naked... especially considering that if he were to have an accident in them then he would have pee running down his leg. That can't be pleasant. 

• Do you think that planning has any impact on things?  By that I mean he actually has to plan in time to get pants off to pee, whereas when he is naked-he can skip that step.

Brinny you always come up with great ideas.  Perhaps you should create and market those!

:) Jess

• I looked it up yesterday and they do make boxers for little boys, but i'm not sure of the range in sizes though.

• Yes, I tried the boxers and they worked much better...but what really helped was putting pajama pants on my little boy without underwear. It gave him the sensation of being naked, but protected my furniture from "little boy but" LOL! Now he is getting the hang of it!