Favorite Toy

• It is so funny how you can never tell what toys will be a hit with toddlers and which ones will gather dust. The most-used toy for each of my toddlers was a mini-trampoline, which survived thousands of jumps through three toddlers before collapsing finally earlier this month. What has been your family’s favorite/most used toy? ~Chris, StrongMoms Facilitator

• This little plush dog that sings "Twist and Shout" by the Beetles and then flaps his ears in time to the music.

• That is to funny MommyRN4!  We had an indoor nerf tennis set that was a hot item at my house growing up.  There were many tennis tournaments held with the couch serving as a net!  I'm sure my mom dreaded ever introducing it shortly after doing so.  That being said the only casualty was one wooden bar on the coffee table.  I now have that coffee table at my house and it's still missing that wooden bar.  lol.

-Jess

• My son seems to like things that aren't even toys more than his toys lol. He enjoys pushing buttons of any kind. Of his actual toys I think he likes his teddy bears best when he is tired and his toy cars (the one that makes sound the most) other times.

• The most popular toy right now in our house is a pair of foam pirate swords from the $1 bin at Target. They are used almost every day for all kinds of games. Go figure!!

• This is what I suspected.... the cliche is true about the kids having just as much fun with the cardboard box that gifts come in than they do the gifts! When kids reach a certain age, they respect and desire expensive toys. For youngsters, why spend more than a few bucks on any toy?

• I think those 1$ bins at target as well as the dollar store are just magical for our younger kiddos!

-Jess

• The two most loved items in my house are Number 1: play kitchen set, including the play food and dishes and Number 2: stuffed animals which my little girl refers to as her babies. The play kitchen is used to cook for her babies and she will play for hours.

• Play dough is also nice for toddlers and there are some pretty cool dough toys now that let them make candy and hamburgers and all sorts of fun stuff. Although I still like the barber shop the best.