What are Your Favorite Movies for Toddlers? Let's Get a Movie List Going!

• What are your 3 favorite movies to show your kids? Let's get a list going! I'll start! They love to watch "Peter Pan", "Finding Nemo", and "Meet the Robinsons."--Bonnie, Strongmoms facilitator

• Let me start by being thankful that the Barney era has come to an end!  On my favorites list are these two-

Monsters Inc.

Toy story (Being a Jess myself who loves horses I'm a huge fan of "Jessie" on Toy Story 2!)

• My daughters is Disney's "Aristocats", she won't watch anything else. Although she is becoming more interested in TV theme songs.

• The theme songs that Disney comes up with are great!  How about the little mermaid and some of those princess movies...or old favorites-Is it 100 Dalmatians?  That may be a bit old for toddlers, but that scene with the two pups sharing the spaghetti?!  so cute! :)

-Jess

• Two pups sharing spaghetti is Lady and the Tramp. 101 Dalmatians is still a little old for a toddler to grasp, but it has evil villain Curella De Vil who pays two low life thieves to kidnap the pups so she can turn them into a fur coat. Anyhow my daughter is approaching 18 months old now and really isn't interested in movies at this point. I have tried showing her several movies like Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Beauty and the Beast, ect... but to no avail she just isn't interested yet. She however does like the short programs on the Baby First channel and LOVES the theme song. She will actually drop everything she is doing just to dance to it EVERY TIME it plays haha. 

• Children under 2 are still too little to watch TV and the Academy of Pediatrics actually recommends that they don't. Once they are a little older...any of the Pixar, Disney, or Dreamworks movies are fun. They are making so many right now that I can barely keep up!