Bribery

• As our daughter acts out and tests boundaries, we have resorted to "bribery" to get things going ourt way. Half the time, she doesn't even remember the promised reward by the time she has completed the task at hand. Do you promise rewards to your child to encourage certain behaviors? If so, what types of things do you promise?

• I wouldn't really call it bribery, but more of an "incentive program"Smile We have star charts that I use to get them to "listen better". When they do their jobs, listen to mommy etc...they can earn a star. When they have earned enough stars on their charts, they get to go to Target and pick out a new toy (usually a coloring book or a Star Wars figurine). If they are bad or don't listen the first time, they can "lose a star" and then they have to work to earn it back.

• I haven't used reward or bribes with my daughter, but I use them with my son. In my experience, they don't really get it until they are three or so.

• We use "incentives" sparingly. M & M's work really well with our 2 1/2 year old. She went through a spell of crying when I dropped her off at preschool. A few M & M's at drop-off for a week and she was good again.

• M & Ms would work for me too! Maybe I'll get my wife to try them to get me to do things I don't want to do!