Prego with toddler attached at hip

•  Hello everyone,

I am pregnant with my 2nd child and have a 20 month old who does not let me breathe without him breathing with me. I work full time  and once I hit the front door he follows me around like crazy. I am wondering if anyone else out there is having this lil problem. I am so worried that this will continue even after my lil one is born.

• Every toddler goes through a clingy phase....just try your best to encourage him to play  by himself. As he gets a bit older, this will get better. If you are still having trouble, he may need to spend a lot of time with you right now...goodness knows that once this baby gets here, it will be harder to do. Enjoy your time with just him...knowing you are there for him may decrease his "clingy" behavior.

• hello, how are you? don't  feel alone i'm having that same problem. the only different between you and me is, I have three boys 9,3,&1year old&pregant.  work full time and go to the gym,instead of my 1year old wont  let me breath,its my three year old.

• Wow,

I really would like to know your secret. I barely have the energy to keep up with my lil one.

• i'm also expecting my 2nd and my 22month wont let me breath half of the time.  so  now i am teaching her to do things. when i was dishes i put a chair next to me and give a sippy cup  she can "wash it". she also has a small brumm so help with cleaning and when i lay down to rest i put her next to me and put her favorite show on. she also want to be carried but i let her know that i cant because the her little sister will be in pain if i do so instead i hold her hand or kiss her and hug her in bed. she also might be missing you when your away so just let her know that you have to work so you can have money for her diapers or you can buy her something when you go out.

• I am 3 months pregnant and I have a toddler almost  2 1/2 yrs old. I stay home with her and she is extremely attached to me. Clingy is not the word here, more like stalker. But that comes with the territory with toddlers this age.

In order to prepare for us for the new arrival I have tried to get her to bond more with daddy by getting them to spend more daddy/daughter time without me around. I have also her told her about the baby and I read her a Big Sister book. So she does not feel left out and will embrace the baby.

I also plan to put her in a Mom's Day Out program next Spring so she can get a break from me and I can have some time to focus on the baby. She can interact with kids her age and give me some breathing room.  

We don't know how our toddlers will act when the new baby arrives so we should just be patient with them and hope for the best. I really believe as long as your toddler feels love and gets reassurance from you they will be okay.

Hope this helps.

• I have this problem, but I am a stay at home mom, so my daughter is with me all day. I don't understand why she wants to be with me all the time, even at bedtime. She won't go to sleep unless I am holding her. I don't know if this is because she wants all the attention she can get before the other one comes, but she often wants me to hold her, which puts strain on my belly and back. She throws a fit if I tell her I don't want to hold her. She's been a daddy's girl and while I am thrilled by the extra attachment to me now, I find myself getting annoyed by her crawling all over me, especially when she pokes me in the belly with either her elbows and knees. I don't know what to do with my annoyance, I realize it's probably part of the pregnancy package, but I feel I'm being unfair to her. Anyone have advice about this?

• Have you tried a baby carrier?  That would allow you to keep your toddler close and have your hands free for other things.

I can suggest some online resources about choosing and using them if you're interested.