4 year old

• i have a 4 year old daughter who wets her pants still and has been potty train for a while. She doesn't listen and acts out. She fights me and her dad when we tell her to try different foods. Before we let her get away with just eating peanut butter sandwhichs, breads. fast food. Cause she would never eat meats,vegetable,pasta. stuff like that. Now we make her eat it and she fights us.

Anyone has the similar problem and if so how do you deal with it?

• Talk to your doctor about her wetting her pants...she may have a bladder infection or a constipation issue that is making it difficult for her to control her bladder. If she checks out fine, then you will have to set firm limits with her. Find veggies that she does like to eat and then build on those. Don't put cooked carrots in front of her and demand that she eats them if she can't stand them....but you may find that she likes raw carrot sticks instead. Let her know that she doesn't have to eat her dinner, if she isn't hungry, but that she will not be allowed to snack afterwards and that she will have to wait until breakfast to eat. YOu can't make a child eat, but you can make sure she isn't eating the wrong things instead! Good luck, if you are still having trouble, then make sure you talk to your doctor for his advice.
  • IF A CHILD IS HUNGRY ENOUGH THEY WILL EAT, DONT GIVE IN STICK TO WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH.  BELIEVE ME SHE WILL EAT, NO MATTER HOW HARD SHE FIGHTS, IF SHE WONT EAT IT WHEN YOU GIVE IT TO HER PUT IT UP FOR LATER AND WHEN SHE SAYS SHES HUNGRY HEAT IT UP AND OFFER IT TO HER AGAIN.  NOW THE PEEING THING IS DIFFERENT SOME KIDS DO THIS TO SHOW OUT AND SOME REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM GET HER CHECK OUT FIRST. I MADE ONE OF MINE GO BACK TO WEARING PULL UPS WHICH MADE HER MAD AND SHE STOP PEEING.

• I would also suggest you talk with her doctor if she is wetting her pants after being potty trained for a while. One of my kids developed that problem and it turned out to be a physical issue that was easily treatable with medication.

I also think that you should not make mealtimes stressful. I would continue to offer a variety of health foods and not force her to eat. Establishing regular meal and snack times should also help. If you aren't already, you might think about sitting down to eat your meals together so that she sees you and Dad enjoying the same foods you are offering her. Also consider letting her help you prepare meals and set the table so she feels more in charge.

• Great advice from the other posters. Just wanted to add that behaviors take time to change. Stick with it and hang in there. Your daughter's health will be worth it in the long run if she learns to eat well. It may take up to 20 times of introducing a food for your child to like it. Keep placing it in front of her and let her see you enjoying it as well. Things will change with some effort on your part. Good job!