Taming a 3 year old??

• My 3 year old daughter is everywhere.  She's very "hands-on"  let's say.  She climbs the cupboards,  and gets into everything.  We have to keep the bathroom door shut or things disapper.  Toothpaste in her closet, makeup ground into the floor, shampoo all over the hall way, lotion in her hair.  Then there's the kitchen.  Peanut butter all over the floor, milk all over, eggs in a bowl, bread in mysterious places.  Time outs and spankings don't help.  We are on our 4th fridge lock, which she can easily open.  She broke 2 others.  The pantry doesn't have a door.  We have those goofy knobs on the bathroom door, that do keep her out, but some people in our house don't always shut it.  How do I get her to settle down??  And how do I get her out of the peanut butter??

• If you find a solution, let me know! Our 3 year old is OK, but our 18 month old has a nose for trouble. If there is a dangerous situation, she finds it and is relentless! I can't imagine what she'll be like at 3! Sorry to be no help here, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

• I have a 2 year old who is the same way she wll get into everything she can get her hands on and is very good at getting child locks undone, i havn't found to much that helps but i have put a walkthrew baby gate that goes from our living room to kitchen to keep her out of there, she hasnt managed to figure out how to get threw it yet but its only a matter of time, other then that i try to keep things up and out of her reach even if its totaly inconvent, not that certain people always put them back i have also talked to her about certain things giving her owies or making her sick it seams to help for a little but when there exploring they arnt thinking about what mommy said 10 min ago there thinking that looks good or fun. sorry i coudn't be more help, good luck

• I WOULD KEEP THESE ITEMS OUT OF REACH FROM THE CHILD, AND IF SHE IS CLIMBING UP CABINETS I WOULD STOP HER BECAUSE THAT IS DANGEROUS I WOULD HATE FOR HER TO GET HURT.  CHILD SAFTEY CABINET LOCKS WORK WELL TO.

• Her natural curiosity seems to be getting her into trouble. Talk to your pediatrician about proper solutions....some children are "sensory seekers". Their neurological system specifically "needs" to climb and jump and run and tumble etc...this can lead to trouble. By providing her with proper ways to fill her "needs", you and she can live harmoniously with the "peanut butter". For example...if she likes to smear toothpaste in the bathroom...tell her that is not what we do with toothpaste...but then lead her to the kitchen where she can spend 20 minutes making a "fingerpainting" under your supervision. Let her know that her urges and curiosities are okay, but there are proper ways to fulfill her desires. If she wants to draw with your lipstick...give her some crayons, markers and a large white tablet. If she wants to help cook, then show her the proper way to help you make dinner or breakfast. Keep these kids BUSY with lots of sensory items like play dough, fingerpaints, sand tables, water tables,etc... Hope this helps.