Terrible twos end when? And... daycare: disciplined or not?

• I have 2.5 year old triplet boys and an 8 month old boy. I'm wondering, when do the "terrible twos" end? I hear whining, yelling, see biting, jumping, screaming, fighting, ugh. I'm just really tired of it all - I'm 40 years old and not sure why it irritates me to no end! 
    I stay at home with them but am thinking of going back to work. Just not sure about daycares, I hear so many bad things. Then I'm not sure, will they be less disciplined?
    Any opinions are appreciated.  

Thanks, 
    Kara 

• Wow... I guess when it's triplets, maybe you multiply 3X2 and they emerge around 6? Seriously, our oldest daughter is nearing 3 1/2 and she is just seeming to emerge from the terrible 2's. Our middle turns 2 next week and is clearly establishing some of the terrible traits, and we have a 2-month old. I am hoping 3 1/2 is the magic age!

We had our oldest in daycare, then pulled her out when we had our second and now our oldest is in preschool. She loves it and it's good for us, but it is expensive. Both my wife and I work, and she would love to stay home and I love going to work! Sometimes work is far less strenuous and more relaxing than home. I guess it is just getting comfortable with (and being able to afford) your daycare. No magic answers here, most of it is trial and error! Good luck!

• Whew! You have your hands full! I think every child seems to be different with regards to when they get through the terrible twos...hopefully as they grow, they will mature and be able to use words, etc. rather than fighting. I feel for you! Maybe you could do some trial days at daycare to see how your boys do. Then you might be able to make a more informed decision. You could also just start out with part-time work to ease everyone into the schedule changes. Hang in there!

• I think it's really so variable depending on the child. I also think, basing my own experience with twins, that things can be different when you have multiples who are living so closely with each other. I think that makes that particular phase more pronounced. Honestly, I'd say my boys really started to become more even tempered at more like 3 1/2 to 4. Hang in there!

• I have 4 kids myself, although they are not triplets! I found that by 4 they were all pretty much through with the whining and crying...I know that seems like a long way off by now, but by 3 things will start to get better. Just hang in there and make sure to carve out some time to yourself now and then!

• Oh...just something else to think about. You may actually save money in the long run by hiring someone to come to your house. With 4 kids, you will pay a ton of money in a daycare, but if you hire a nanny, you may actually save! In addition, it is tax deductible I believe (although check with your tax guy!). This may be better than a daycare in many ways...then you won't have to worry about them getting sick so much, lack of discipline etc...Good luck.

• I totally agree with that. I'd definitely check out pricing on a nanny in comparison with daycare for 4 kids. And they will almost certainly be sick less often that way.

• Wow-you sure do have your hands full! I think that going back to work part time might give you some space and some time with adults, and make the time you spend with your kiddos increasingly positive. I think it's really helpful to have many people interacting with kids as to have more energy and new interactions with them. I love the idea of a nanny and I think the others are right in that with 4 kids it would be cost effective as well. Keep us posted on what you decide to do and how it goes. -Jess