Far away family

• My sister and her family live in France, which means it’s hard for my 3 year old to really have much of a relationship with his cousins. We try to Skype but it’s really tough to arrange our schedules to be on at the same time since there is a 9 hour time difference. What are some ways that you keep your kids in touch with far away family members other than phone conversations? -Julie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• As they get older, it would be fun to have a pen pal relationship. Encourage them to draw pictures for their cousins or partcipate in putting together a care package. You can also put a book together with pictures of their cousins in there so they can get to know everyone in the family. I hear that France is beautiful!!!! I wish I had family there!

• MommyRN4 has some great ideas!  I love the care package idea, drawing or coloring pics-and then yes, once old enough pen pals are super fun.  What about e-mail?

-Jess

• That must be hard. One of my sons cousins and mother is planning to move to California which is a little sad. He has another cousin too who is the same age as him (the one moving away) and now he won't have him around to play with anymore (my son is one and they are 2, so they really won't be playing much together until my son is about 2).