Discipline

• Our daughter is two and acts out on a regular basis. She is a good girl,but she tests us all the time and sometimes places herself in danger by not listening to us. What disciplinary action have you taken with your daughter to make him/her understand that sometimes they're safety is in danger when they don't listen to us?

• Have you tried time out? Reward her for her good behavior and do not focus on the bad. If she gets more attention when she is acting out, she will continue to do so.
  • My son is ALWAYS getting hurt! I've pretty much come to terms that it is going to happen and I can only hope to minimize the severity as much as possible. What I have found works (most of the time) is to simply tell him "be careful you are going to hurt your head/arm/leg," in a very serious tone  (not yelling but so that he knows I'm not playing), and looking him in the eyes  At first these warnings meant nothing to him but now when he does get hurt as I comfort him I repeat the phrase "Mommy told you be careful, you hurt your _(whatever)_" I am glad to say that he is catching on more and more, but being two he can't really understand all the dangers I'm trying to save him from.