Mom of a 2 year old thinking about another one

• Hello my name is Alicia, ill be 23 on june 23. I have a wonderful daughter who will be two in july. I been with my boygfriend almost 4 years. Im a stay at home mom. Her daddy work 60 +  hours a week.  It seems like were never home.  Our lifes are so crazy! I been having mixed feelings on having another child. Not really sure. I love being a mom! But im not sure we are already for another one. I know josh dose not want one for couple more years. Considering hes the one working. He pays the bills. Im not even sure we could afford another one. We get no help from goverment! Its all on us. how do u know if your ready for another kid?

• Having another child has to be a decision of two. I am having another child not even two years apart. I will have to say it has been tough on the marriage. There was unforeseen circumstances that has made having this child a hard time. I for one lost my job with it a very sizable family income, the children's insurance and instability of how we are going to afford another child on a child note we had just recently purchased a bigger house. Plus my pregnancies are high risk which means multiple doc appointments and meds. I would say if right now financially it does not seem like the right idea I would say wait a while. Because it could put a lot of stress on your marriage. The same as you we do not qualify for government assistant. My husband is working extra when his work permits but there is not a lot of overtime. I hope this helps.

• thats what im scared of. Everything is going so perfect. Im not even sure if im ready yet. Just was idea i been having. I dont want my kids ages to far apart. I only want one more. Our first one was a accident . Best mistake i ever made. my fear is that we will be living pay check to pay check if we have another.

• not sure if this will help you at all but I have a daughter that will be 6 on the 5th of July and our other daughter was just born on the 16th of March .. I also had very highrisk pregnancies which is part of the reason for the large age difference . But It is great my oldest loves her sister and people would say while i was preganant that she would be jealous etc.. she is not at all she helps feed her diaper her.

• I'm a firm believer in being 100% positive about having another baby... It affects everyone in your household. That being said; if you have even a shadow of a doubt then i'd hold off. you can always try to get pregnant later on, but once that baby is on the way then you're kind of left with no good options.

• Thats what im scared of! I feel like im being selfish for wanting one. I just love being a mom. Were not trying to have one anytime soon. Whenever it happens it happens. Are lifes are so crazy! Deep down i been thinking about another one, just was not sure. We have talked about it! maybe within the next 2 years stuff will calm down.

• Sometimes you make the decision to have another child because you want them to be close in age so you can go through stages together. Other times you make the decision to have another child because you are getting older and don't want to prolong your childbearing years. Other times you make a decision to have another child simply because you and your husband want another baby. Sometimes, the decision to have another child is made for you! :) No matter why you choose to have another baby, they are always a blessing--no matter when they come along in life! 

• Adding more children to the mix certainly does make things a little more crazy and complicated but it's a good crazy and complicated usually. :-) It is certainly something to think through and decide when the time is right. My husband and I decided that, for us, things would probably never be absolutely perfect. Life has a way of throwing things at you. We decided to go ahead and have our 2nd (and we'd like one more!) knowing that we will manage and do just fine regardless of how things turn out. No one can blame you for wanting another - you'll know when the time is right. :-)

• Hi I am Heather and I will be 42  the end of July. I just found out that I am pregnant again. My closest daughter is 12 and I will be a grandmother before I have this baby Wink You never know if you are ready for another child. If we waited until we were sure we would never have children, I do suggest if your boyfiend does not want one yet and it is going to put a financial strain on you wait. Money or lack there of can destroy a relationship and that is not good for you or your child. There was almost 5 years difference between my son and daughter and they are very close. Actually my youngest is close to all of her siblings despite the age differences running from 5-9 years apart. The rest were all back to back. I was told I could not get pregnant anymore and look what happend 12 years later. Never worry about everything just make sure that you both want the same thing because this is something that takes whole hearted commitment from both of you.

• Get a puppy lol I'm 25 and I have a 17 month old and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. My husband and. I planned this baby but we did not expect things to be difficult. This pregnancy has been a rough one and running behind a toddler who doesn't. Want to hear about early onset braxton hicks. Contractions or why you cant pick them up can be crazy. Also listen if your bf says he doesn't want another baby yet because hes the breadwinner so he will have to take on the financial. Stress of another baby. We are financially stable and I still fond myself n awe about hoe much money our new baby is costing us on too of feeding me, our daughter and him. Its a lot. To ponder. Just don't make a decision because you want to do it mutually. You just want to love something lol my mom says that. Just buy a puppy and see how that works then later have more babies.
  • I love how people say puppies are just like babies. No where close. I do have 3 dogs all under 3. One of them is 14 weeks. Are aniamls are treated like our kids. We could provide for another one if needed to be. I said we would have to give up our expensive taste up. We do it all our self we dont rely on gov.  We just found out we were expecting anyhow. Hes more happy then i am now! Im more over shocked! everything happens for a reason. Well do just fine.