How do some new moms look so put together??

• My newborn is 6 weeks old, and I have not been able to get dolled up. I went to the pediatrician on thursday with my baby girl and all of the moms of small babies looked like glamzons and I felt so frumpy. How do they do it? I know it is time management, but how can i manage time my new born is not even on a schedule.

• I don't know but I remember feeling the same way. Don't worry about it though, it is more important that you are doing a great job with the baby! Everything else will eventually fall into place.

• I agree with MommyRN... although if you have someone you trust to stay with the baby for a few hours, maybe you could treat yourself to something that makes you feel beautiful... mani/pedi, hairdresser, massage etc....

• No kidding - I can totally relate! My son is 2 1/2 and I still don't look really pulled together. :-D I'm due with my second and definitely remember how it was when you first have a newborn at home. It does get easier to find time to doll yourself up. Don't worry too much about comparing yourself to other people and just enjoy your little one. :-)

• I think how you are feeling is very normal!  I am alway amazed when I see those mom's who are makeup on and dressed to a hilt...all I can say is that we don't know what is really going on in most people's lives by looking at them...and they may be looking at you and thinking the very same thing! However, what is really important in those first weeks of your child's life?  What is really important is that you are there to care for and love that baby-as the first priority!  Be gentle with yourself.

-Jess

• I understand how you feel. It is hard for me also my son is five weeks old. My husband works two jobs and I am alone with the baby. There are days that I dont get a shower until he gets home from work because I am not able to put the baby down. I also had a csection the bathroom scale reads that I am back to my prepregnancy weight however I still cannot get into my normal clothes. It sucks to wear maternity pants when I am not pregnant. On a better note I am enjoying spending time with my new baby boy and my husband loves me just the way I am for now LOL. I am not sure how to manage my time either I guess maybe have someone come over and help. I havent figured that out yet either. Just enjoy your baby girl and spend time with her. It will all come together it has only been a few weeks.

• I am alone with my daughter all day as well. My fiance is a contractor and works minimum 10 hour days right now plus an hour drive to and from work, and an occasional Saturday as well. On the other hand I am thankful because as we all know this is not a good economy for contractors and he's managed to land a 4 year victorian mansion restoration. Any way It's hard to be home with a baby all day and still get everything done that needs to be done and still make time to spend with the baby. It gets even more difficult when they start moving because you have to constantly have your eye on them or they do things like grab pens out of the diaper bag and chew on them... Just had to pull one out of hazels hand. Don't beat yourself up too badly if you can't get it all done in one day, it's a tough job. I have found it easier to do dishes as soon as i wake up before hazel gets up and do laundry during naps.

• You are right Jess. I had my baby 3 weeks ago and I always try to look good every time I go out but that doesn't mean Im put together, not at all. This is a process, its a new life coming into our lives and it takes time to make the necessary adjustments. But we can make it.