Too Many EMOTIONS!!!

• My daughter is now nine months old and I am still extremely emotional. Everything makes my cry... For example I watched a video of a spiritual Christmas flash-mob that took place in a mall somewhere and when they brought out Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus during "Silent Night" that brought tears to my eyes. I wasn't sure if it was my hormones going haywire or if it was really just that touching. Then I watched another video of a deaf mute girl who rode a horse bareback to the song "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim Mcgraw. My description doesn't really do the video justice, but that too brought tears.... What is going on?!!! How long has it taken you to get back to normal? I feel like i'm destined to a life of spontaneous tears ever since having my daughter.

• Very cute Brinny... I definitely think parenthood in general makes people more emotional. In your case, you remind me of the woman in Seinfeld who cries when she drops a hot dog on the ground! Just go with it and have plenty of tissues around!

• Yes, having children does make you more emotional and I think a lot more sensitive. Don't worry about it and go with the flow! 

• I think there is something about giving birth to a child and discovering life again through their eyes that makes the world that much more sentimental. I find that I can't even bear to watch the news anymore because people getting hurt and dying is so painful to me after having my children. It all takes on such a new dimension. You are quite normal!