First time being a Mom

• Hello everyone and thank you for reading this post; my name is Aldora and I'm 30 years old. I recently was blessed to have a baby girl named Briana born on Oct 4th 2012 via C-section and weighing 9lbs 5oz; this also happens to be my fiance Shaun's very first and only child as well. We've received numerous advice from his family and friends; my parents passed away several years ago. Since bringing my bundle of joy home, Briana has given me nothing but pleasure and has brought us closer together as a family; at the same time, it has become very difficult to adjust to a major but significant change in our lives. As an invaluable member of the Similac community, I highly value any feedback/input that you may have regarding children and was wondering if you could give me any tips as to how I can be able to handle life's ups and downs. Again, thank you for listening and as always I look forward to your insightful comments in regards to my recent post!Right Hug

• First of all Aldora, congratulations on your baby girl! There is no greater challenge than being a parent and there is no greater joy than those little moments you share with your baby.Parenthood is very difficult but the rewards are worth it! My advice is to take things one day at a time and do the best you can. As parents we never seem to have enough time, money or help, but we manage to get it done. How parenthood fits into our personal and professional lives is a bit more complicated. Communicating your concerns to your fiance and getting him to do the same is very important as you adjust to the new dynamic of your life. Good luck!

• Let me be the 2nd to welcome you to strong moms and to congratulate you on the birth of your beautiful baby girl.  That is wonderful news and it sounds like you are cherishing each and everyday with her.  I love the advice that dad gave you, he is so wise!  I want to add that the ability to be flexible and accept that things are not going to be perfect are two will help you immensely in these new weeks as parents.  Knowing that you are doing the best you can do-and that is all that is expected of you may help with some of the stress you are feeling-and it's the truth!  I hope tht you will continue to come here for advice nd support, we feel so lucky to have you as part of the community!

-Jess