first time dad

• Hi, I just signed up.  I'm a new dad.  My newborn baby boy Vincent was just born February 6 early in the morning.  I'm taking a few weeks off work to be home with the baby.  I don't have a lot to say right now except, Hi! and that I'm already in love with this little guy.  The first moments with him were the most intense feelings I've ever had.

• Hello and welcome to the site.. We have a few dads on here, and more are always welcome. We love to hear the guys perspective on subjects so please feel free to jump in anywhere. Strong moms is what i am finding to be a fairly tight knit community of parents who all care about the well-being of their families and the families that come here to seek advice and support. I love your sons name, you don't hear it often. Cherish these moments (even the screaming ones) they go by like the blink of an eye. My daughter will be one at the end of next week and i just keep wondering how did this last year pass so quickly. It sounds like you are enjoying being a dad so far.. is there anything you're looking forward to doing with him in the future?

• daddybear_vbs -

WELCOME to the site!  I'm so glad that you found us.  As Brinny said we are a pretty awesome group of very supportive folks.  You can certainly come here for support, with questions, concerns as well as happy reports.  I hope that you will take a look around and see all of the boards that we have.  You will find something for just about any parent and baby need.

Looking forward to getting to know you better,

Jess

• Those first feeling are always so amazing. It's like no other feeling and it's so hard to describe. Congrats on your new baby boy! Boys are fun, I have a 9 month old. The first month or 2 are hard, but it gets easier and it is worth it!

• Welcome! Adding my congratulations to everyone else's! When do you head back to work? So great you are able to take a little time to be with your son. Happy for you. :-) 

• Hi daddybear_vbs, Welcome!!!!!! Your a nice Dad to your new born baby boy Vincent. Just take your time and enjoy being with your baby. So happy to hear that your in love with your little guy. 

• Congrats !  I'm also new ot the board, but not new to being a dad. We have a 7 year-old boy and a newborn . My only advice that I can give for a new dad is 1- Enjoy EVERY monent. time is gonna fly by. 2- Don't panic. 3-Take the advice that everyone on the planet is going to give you with a grain of salt. Make your own decisions based on what your pediatrician, research, and your gut tell you. I must agree, those first few moments are really overwhelming and exciting at the same time.