Getting that Pre-Baby Body Back—is it Possible?

• I've had 5 children, so needless to say I do not look the same as I did 10 years ago. I would like to get my body back—is it too late? How can I get that pre-baby body back? ~Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• I think it's very possible to look awesome post baby.  Hard thing is there aren't any shortcuts.  Eating less and moving more is the best recipe for success.

What do others think?

:)  Jess

• I completely agree Jess.. The other thing i would like to add is that while you may not be able to be in the exact same shape as you were pre mommyhood you can still get your body in great shape with dicipline and work. I think that a huge part of happiness with yourself is having realsitic expectations with your fitness. For example if you are in your 40s and have several children and then don't have the unrealsitic expectation to look like a 20 year old whose body hasn't ever gone through child bearing. instead it is better to invision where you would feel comfortable with and good about  your looks, health and fitness then create a plan to accomplish those goals. Anyway that is my two cents on the matter.

• Well said Brinny!  I think it's important that we value our bodies for the awesome job that they have done caring for those babies before they entered the world, and not just for a jean size.  

-Jess

• I agree, I just wish I didn't hold on to so much around the middle!!! I hate the "pooch" on my belly!