What is your favorite holiday tradition?

• Every year my family does some pretty fun things during the holidays. For Thanksgiving we all go ice skating, for Christmas we make gingerbread houses, and for 4th of July we have a big family barbecue with fireworks! What are your favorite holiday traditions? --Chris, Strongmoms facilitator

• My favorite holiday tradition. Oh Lord this is hard! I will have to say i am a hardworking mother but i always take time for my kids :) But i will have to say going up to the Ski Resort Vacation during the week of Christmas. Since i'm pregnant again i will miss going Skiing. But my 2nd favorite holiday is the 4th of the July. We always make a FAMILY REUNION. I own a acre of land. My fiance fixed it up and turned it into a acre of summer. Thats what i call it! Sounds Stupid Right? Oh Well. But we do softball,volleyball,swimming,food court and a Slip and Slide :)- Momma B3ar

• Growing up we used to host a HUGE Easter egg hunt obviously for Easter, Then we would shoot guns for the 4th of July (We lived on a farm in the middle of nowhere with lots of property so no one was in danger), Halloween was a HUGE party/ Hog roast, Thanksgiving was just Huge with family and we made "Hand Turkeys", and for christmas we would all help put up my grandmothers insanely large Christmas tree. Now that I am grown and we are starting our own traditions I do a large Thanksgiving feast every year, and for Christmas we each go to the glass shop and pick out a spun glass ornament for the tree. I am thinking of new things to do with my little kiddo, but havent quite figured it out yet.

• Now that I have kids, I have tried to create my own traditions. We decorate gingerbread houses every year and on Christmas Eve night I read them Twas the Night Before Christmas. Those are my best memories.

• This is a little different, but my mom and I used to sit together every Christmas morning and talk, remembering back to where we had been each christmas before.  It was such a special time.  I do this to this day, and often do the same thing on my birthday.  :)

-Jess

• Having the family around for holiday celebrations was a dream of mine as a kid, with loving relatives and great memories made year after year. Now that I have a large family of my own and our extended families live in relative close proximity, my dreams have come true!

• That's awesome AnswerDad, your family is so lucky to have you! :)  -Jess

• Thanks Jess! I have to say I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Not just because of the feast, which is great, but because it is a little more relaxing than the Christmas holiday for me and because it involves football! However, I am a little bitter how Christmas now overshadows Thanksgiving, as holiday music and decorations are now evident as soon as Halloween is over! I also feel bad for those who have to work in retail during the holiday rush.

• I agree. I love Christmas, but I don't want to get a Peppermint Mocha or listen to Jingle Bells or even see a Christmas Tree until after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has its own magic..the beauty of fall leaves, listening to the crunching leaves blow across the ground, the nip in the air, smelling turkey and apple pie baking in the oven, and pulling out your wool sweaters for the first time.