Back to work

• Hi Everyone;

I am a new mom of a three month child. After a fourteen year gap with my first child. Anyways I was wondering if anyone had a good idea on how to advertise a babysitting service I want to start up at home. I am a pre-school as well as a graduate with a B.S degree in Health care admin. The only way I can work right now is to bring the job to my home. I just need to get some clients, my home is all set up classroom style. If anyone can give me ideas please respond.

Thanks.

• Networking in your community will likely be your best bet. Make up flyers to post at local stores and such with your contact information to establish some familiarity with your service. Then start talking to people! This type of business thrives on referrals, so making connections with parents or people who have friends with kids is the most effective route.

• I agree with Writemommy... word of mouth. You may likely already know some mothers who could serve to refer you etc. I also think some of the websites out there that advertise local services may be a good place to go, although not everyone is comfortable using those sites.

• My friend started watching children in her home after her third child was born. She started my simply talking it up with her friends. All you need is a few of your friends to tell people and soon you may have more kids than you bargained for. Also, you could put up a flyer on your church or community bulletin board and pass the word around to all of your neighbors.

Good luck

• YES BEST WAY IS DEFF WORD OF MOUTH. START OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS THEY KNOW YOU BETTER THAN ANYONE IM SURE THEY WILL PUT OUT A GOOD WORD FOR YOU. ALSO FLYERS IN CORNER STORES AND AND EVEN IN YOUR KIDS SCHOOL. MY FRIENDS MOTHER HAS A DAY CARE IN HER HOUSE SHE WHEN TO HER GRANDSONS SCHOOL AND TALKED TO THE HEAD MASTER SHE LET HER ADVERTISE HER DAY CARE AND GOT ALOT OF MOTHERS THAT NEEDED A BABYSITTER AFTERSCHOOL AND FOR WHEN THEY WHENT BACK TO WORK. GOOD LUCK