help to work from home

• Hello every one.... I am a first time mom of wonderful 6 month old girl...I have been trying to come back to the workforce but it has been very difficult ... i have been trying to find a work and do it from my home...but everything i have found it has been a lie o has a catch...i hope somebody know real places which i can be recommended...

help please!

• Working from home is tricky...everybody wants to do it and there are so many dead ends and people waiting to take advantage of new mommies. My advice is to look inside of yourself and discover something you are both good at and passionate about.

Do you enjoy children??? Maybe you could start an in home day care for a few children.

Do you love to write??? Maybe you could start up a small freelance writing business writing for local businesses and papers/

Do you love to workout??? Maybe you could teach an aerobics class at your local gym. Most gyms let your children go to the Child Room free of charge while you instruct the class

Do you love weddings?? Maybe you could offer your assistance as a wedding planner to a few frazzled brides.

Do you love pets?? Why not start up a dog walking or pet sitting service..

As you can see...the sky is the limit if you get creative AND choose to do something you love doing. Good luck in your endeavors...and let us know how it goes.

• Run a search on the boards. I know we've discussed this before, and I think you'll find a lot of great suggestions and links (I don't remember them off the top of my head!).

HireMyMom.com offers a lot of work for admin professionals, bookkeepers, designers, writers, etc. It's a subscription site, but there are some pretty decent listings on there.

You also might want to run a search through Monster or Careerbuilder and use "telecommute" as one of your search terms. This will bring up jobs that will allow you to work from home.

Good luck!

• I agree with Writemommy... my wife and I have both picked up several part-time telecommuting jobs through various websites. It's not full-time money, but it helps. Craigslist is another good site to look at that we have had success with. As always with the internet, you don't know who is on the other end of ads, so be careful with your identity information for the safety of your family.

Most of all, don't get discouraged! Be creative and be positive and even in this economy, good things will happen.

• Thanks everyone for your advices...I really appreciated. :)
  • I am in the same shoes you are right now.  I have a 3 month old daughter and I have been looking for the last 3-4 months for a work from home job and still haven't found anything.  Have you found anything yet?  If so I would appreciate so leads on where to go. I won't give up!! I am sure there is something out there for us.  If I find anything I will let you know.  Thanks and Good Luck!!