Left while pregnant

• jhdbljkfbadjkl
    Okay first off my child does have strong male roles in her life. As of right now her grandfather is playing with her. I do not appreciate you judging my child and our life because we are just fine without men. Maybe you cannot understand this because you are not a single mother, she has plenty of strong role models in her life, me being one of them. I think you owe me and my beautiful daughter an apology not only for this post because this is not the only post you have put me down in. This is not a place for the negative rather than a place for everyones opinion and I do not believe any one should be put down because no one here knows everyones story.

I am so sorry that you feel like you are being put down. You are right that her Grandfather can be a great male influence. Being a single mom is tough enough without adding guilt to the mix. Please feel free to continue sharing your experiences and opinions, so we can all benefit fromt hem.

• I think what StrongDad was trying to say is that strong male role models come from lots of places, not just dads, and that raising a child as a single mom does not mean that child is denied anything as far as positive male influence.

With the world and society changing so rapidly, the definitions of family are also constantly changing. Even in traditional families that are lucky enough to have both a mom and dad, the support of extended family and friends is still vital to a child's development. How many people have "aunts" and "uncles" who are not direct relations? Does that really matter?

The important thing is that those who are in a child's life give him love and support.

• jhdbljkfbadjkl
    Okay first off my child does have strong male roles in her life. As of right now her grandfather is playing with her. I do not appreciate you judging my child and our life because we are just fine without men. Maybe you cannot understand this because you are not a single mother, she has plenty of strong role models in her life, me being one of them. I think you owe me and my beautiful daughter an apology not only for this post because this is not the only post you have put me down in. This is not a place for the negative rather than a place for everyones opinion and I do not believe any one should be put down because no one here knows everyones story.

I agree that children don't need a father around to have a male influence.  My daughter is almost 4 and she doesn't even know her real father.  He's chosen not to be a part of our lives and that is totally fine, we're much better off.  My daughter does have my dad and younger brother around on a regular basis since I pay my mom to watch her when I go to work.  She also has my fiance around now.  He's been living with us since we found out that we're expecting another baby.  I never planned on having a man live with us without being married, but it's worked out fine so far.  She loves having him around and sometimes it almost feels like she likes him better than me Sad  I know it's because I have to be the mean one and he gets to be the fun-loving one but still...

• when i found out i was pregnant(i was 20years old) i had been with my boyfriend for 7 months. when i told him, of all the things he can do-he denied it.  not too long afterward he was arrested for probation violation and is currently in jail. i think that was God's way of showing me that i don"t need him.  it was an abusive relationship, so i have learned from it and am glad to be free. its just my daughter and i now-i like it that way!Smile

• Good for you Jessica. I am so glad your daughter isn't being raised around someone who is abusive. You both deserve better than that.

• Way to go Jessica!! I'm proud you are out of that relationship and leading the way for you and your daughter.

• yeah i think you guys are right. children don't need a fatherly figure around. but it would be nice.

• IM DEALIN WITH SOMETHING OF THE SAME SITUATION MY SONS DAD LEFT ME BEFORE I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT AND I WAS MAD AT FIRST SO I NIEVER TRIED TO CONTACT HIM UNTIL MY MINI ME WAS HERE. HIS FATHER FOUND OUT ABOUT HIM WHEN HE WAS 6WKS AND HE CAME TO SEE HIM. MY SON IS NOW 8MTHS OLD AND HASNT SEEN OR HEARD FROM MY SONS DAD SINCE THEN. I HAVE KEPY IN TOUCH WITH HIS FAMILY AND FOUND OUT THAT ITS THE NEW GIRL AND HER FAMILY SAYING THAT HE DONT NEED TO SEE OR SPEAK TO ME BUT THAT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH MY SON. i HAVE SINCE CAME TO TERMS WITH HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE AROUND MY SON HE IS PERFECT IN EVERYWAY AND HIS DAD IS JUST MISSING OUT ON HIS BLESSINGS. I GOT WITH HIM AT 16 HE WAS MY FIRST EVERYTHING. SO I JUST PRAYED ABOUT IT AND LEFT IT IN GODS HANDS...GOD IS MY WAY MAKER AND IM STRUGGLING TO DO IT ALONE BUT MY SON ISNT MISSING OUT ON ANYTHING...

• Hi Gang when i was 4 months prego i first was soo confused being a age i am strarting over at a late age scares me ..my youngest child is 13 yrs..When i told the dad i was haveing his dad he said "i told u i didnt want kids" and hung up on me..i never heard or seen from him again ..Know i had the kid diff from me i had a csection and some days it reall hurts since they said at my age they had to watch over me(doc).I did have a healthly 8lb boy biger then the other kids..But when i was 5 months a along i met a man that wanted to take over as dad..and to this day he has done what that jerk cant seem to do..Im a single mom in her late 30s.and had a problem with sons birth but i do have the mans influnce and he will do fine..Bree