How can you deal w/ a mommy who calls the babysitter all day?

• HELLO! I'M GOING TO WRITE THIS POST ON BEHALF OF MY MOTHER. MY MOM BABYSITS 3 CHILDREN (2 YEAR OLD TWINS & A 10 MONTH OLD), ALL FROM THE SAME MOTHER, WHO IS STARTING TO GET REALLY ANNOYING. MY MOM IS GETTING FRUSTRATED SINCE THE MOTHER OF THE CHILDREN CALLS CONSTANTLY...EVERY HOUR TO KNOW WHAT THE CHILDREN ARE DOING...HAVE THEY ATE? HAD ANY DIRTY DIAPERS? IF SO, WHAT & HOW MANY? HOW DID THEIR POOP LOOKED? IT'S JUST OUT OF HAND. MY MOM WANTS TO TELL THE MOTHER OF THE CHILDREN NOT TO CALL HER AS MUCH...IS THAT WRONG? I UNDERSTAND THAT US AS MOTHERS GET CONCERNED, BUT TO WHAT EXTREME? WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT THE SITUATION? IT'S JUST GETTING TO THE POINT THAT MY MOM WANTS TO STOP TAKING CARE OF THE CHILDREN, YET ALL OF MY FAMILY ARE ATTACHED TO THEM. THE KIDS ARE IN MY MOM'S CARE FROM 7AM-6PM, MONDAY THRU SATURDAY, AND IN REALITY I THINK THAT THE MOM GOES "CRAZY" WITH HER 3 KIDS...CUZ WHEN SHE PICKS THEM UP...HALF THE TIME THEY DO NOT WANT TO GO WITH HER...

• I was one of those moms. :) My babysitter started keeping a log (without me asking her to) of everything my son did that day. She wrote down all feedings, naps, pees, poops, and fun stuff he did and what time he did it. It made me feel really good knowing what he did all day. She could suggest that to the mom. She could say that she will start keeping a record, so that the mom can see what they do during the day. She could say "That way I'm able to spend more time with them and the phone doesn't wake them up during naps or interupt feedings." The log seems like it would take tons of time, but as a nurse, I can tell you that writing notes about what you do all day becomes second nature.

• I second what BabyNurse says. That's what my daycare did and it does go a long way toward easing parental fears. Also, maybe see if she'd be open to scheduling regular times to check in. Suggesting that the more time she's on the phone with mom is less time she can spend with the kids is a great way to drive the point home while still being polite.