new here

• Hello

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kathleen. I am 27 year old mom to 2 beautiful little girls. Ages 5 and 6 weeks. I am also a step mom to 2 wonderful girls 8 & 14. I was exclusively breastfeeding and about 2 days ago my baby started becoming very fussy and I realized I wasn't producing anymore milk. So she is now on formula. I am not against it at all. My 5 year old was formula fed from birth. I am just disappointed because I felt like I was doing so well. She was even sleeping 7 hours at night. I came here to get some support from other mommys.

Thanks for reading. Smile

• Welcome and sorry to disappoint you as I am a Daddy! Please don't feel bad... you made the effort to nurse and were successful... now a new phase! Congrats on your wonderful extended family! Lots of love to share! Good luck and keep your chin up!

• Hi! Welcome to StrongMoms - so glad you are here! You sound like you have a busy life going for you! Congrats on your wonderful family. Sorry to hear about the breast feeding experience coming to a sudden stop - are you doing okay with that? Your daughter will be just fine - you provided some great immunity and strength to her first couple weeks of life. If you are struggling with the sudden stop, a lactation consultant is always a great resource. Welcome and hope you jump into the conversations on the message boards!

• Krussell21707-WELCOME! to the boards.  I'm so glad that you found us.  You certainly are a busy lady, but what could be more fun than a house full of girls?!  I am guessing that there is a lot of pink in your house? :)  My best friend, who has two daughters, just finished reading a book called "How to talk to Girls".  I'm not certain of the details but heard it's a must read for any mom with girls in the house.  You might look for it at your library.  I also want to echo what the others have offered you so far as reassurance around breast feeding.  The time that your baby did get breast milk made wonderful contributions to her development and overall health.  You have her set up for a healthy and full life! :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.  I also want to make sure that you check out the board for Toddler issues as well as for older children.  You may be able to get some of your parenting questions solved there for your older kiddos.  I'm sure you will have lots of good insight and support to offer others as well given your experience.

Welcome!

-Jess