New to Strong Moms but not Motherhood

• Hi. Just joined a few days ago and I thought Id introduce my self and get to know some of you other moms and dads. My name is Shonda. I have been married to my (mostly) lol wonderful hubby for almost 16 years.  I have two wonderful step daughters age 24 and 18. I have been raising them since they were 7 and 4. I was told then by numerous doctors that I would never concieve or carry a child.Imagine our surprise when we ended up pregnant when our oldest children were grown. I now have a beautiful 6 year old daugher and a beautiful 1 month old daughter. Through God all things trully are possible. We also have a 3 year old grand daughter and a 1 year old grandson. lol, yes you read right...our grand children now have a 1 month old aunt. Anyway thanks for reading and I am looking forward to meeting some of you!

• shonda-What a wonderful story!  Are you finding that things are different in raising your younger children than they were for your older children?  Your younger kiddos are sure blessed by your experience.  I want to officially welcome you to the boards.  I want you to know that in addition to the boards for babies there is a page (last on the webboard) that is for issues are older children.  Please feel free to join in on this page for things concerning your 6 yo and older children!

WELCOME!

-Jess

• Wow- welcome to StrongMoms! I loved reading your story - it's amazing how life works out with all it's twists and turns. What a blessing those two little kids are to you, as well as your older ones with their grandkids! Sounds like you will all be one big happy family. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :-)

• Thanks. Yes things are much different. With the older kids I was so much younger and had time to play more but now with the younger I have so much more patience and experience to draw from. lol

• Thanks. I am looking forward to getting to know you too!

• shonda-

I think that the experience is priceless.  I know that I don't get so stressed now at my age than I did when I was younger.  I tend to be much more laid back about things.  I pick my battles more carefully.  I also don't fuss over the small stuff.  I think there is so much emphasis on people wanted to be younger, I'd have to say that my life gets richer with every birthday.  :)

I'm so glad that you have joined us here at Strong mom's!

-Jess

• hey! Shonda! my name is Katey...i loved hearing your story! its awesome how God works...and how he turns life around in just amount of seconds. I just turned 20 on oct.10 and a year ago from that date i found out i was pregnant and my husband and I werent married or even close to being married yet lol just dating. but now we have a beautiful baby boy that is 4 1/2 months old right now. and we got married in April. i couldnt ask for anything better. lol now we are planning to have our second in a year or two. lol crazy huh? but i am! i want 3 before im 30...lol ask me this a year ago and i didnt even want one yet lol....babys are such a joy and i love watching my little man grow up! :)

• I love hearing stories like these! It is amazing how the world works and how wonderful you all are at adapting to the little "curves" in the road! Children are such a blessing---no matter when they come along in life! God Bless you all!

• Sounds like you have a wonderful yet unconventional family! Great family dynamic and I am sure your grown children have a blast when they bring their own youngsters to spend time with their aunt!