emotional& insecure new mom

• Hello I am Annely.. Lately I have been awfully irritated with my boyfriend for things regarding the baby. I know he has a whole day at work and all but when he comes home and does absolutely nothing to help! I train to maintain a clean household so I can deduct some stress but then he comes home and makes a complete mess. I don't know how to tell him I need more cooperation, I don't know if I am over reacting or need a therapist to prescribe me a chill pill.

• The concerns that you are expressing are very, very common amongst parents on the board.  Take a look through this section nd you will see a few other mom's who feel just the same way.  My best advice to this issue is to really work on communication, it's probably the best thing that you can do for any relationship.  See if you can set aside a time to talk to him, tell him what your feelings are, and what you feel like you need.  Hang in there, Jess

• I agree with Jess, you need to talk to him, but make sure you do it in a non-threatening and productive way. Yelling at him or nagging him to pick up won't help and will only build up stress between you two. Instead, let him know that you need help and that you would appreciate working together as a team. Ask him what he needs from you and then tell him what you need from him. Maybe he needs an hour when he comes home from work to just relax and watch a game. If you provide him this down time, maybe he would be more than happy to help you in the kitchen or do laundry. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Hi-

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going for you.  It's been a few days since you posted and I have been thinking about you.  Drop us a note when you have time.  Take care, Jess