Trying to back my pre-baby body back!

• Nobody told me it was going to be this hard. Thankfully I had my baby in the summer (she is 10 weeks now), I am able to go on walks twice a day and I limit my carbs and calorie intake. I am lighter than my pre-baby weight, but my body shape just does not look the same ( I still look 4 months pregnant). Any tips?? Help!!!

• Trina12-

It sounds like you are doing a great job if you are already pre-pregnancy weight again.  I think the key is having a healthy diet and exercise pattern (not so easy with a new baby) that you can stick with for the long term.  Perhaps being able to be more mobile-walks with baby in stroller, quick work outs when they can be fit in, would help as well.  Keep up the good work, and try to be patient (hard I know), your body has been through a lot!

-Jess

• Thanks so much, I think being patient is the hardest. I'll be going back to work soon and I just want to look my best.

• Congrats on getting your weight down so quickly! Good job with the exercise and eating right - not easy things to do when you are caring for a new little one. Most people I know find their body changed permanently after having a baby. The shape, hips, etc. are just a bit different. I would say, however, that you are still only 10 weeks out. That's not too far along, actually, and that if you keep up the good work and focus on targeting the areas you are concerned about with more focused workouts, things will get a lot better. Hang in there!

• Trust me! If you are already down to your pre-pregnancy weight then you are well ahead of most of us! I can take years to get down to your pre-pregnancy weight and I don't know that your body will ever quite look the same. It doesn't mean though that you can't get a good body. Try weight training which will tone up your muscles and tighten your body. This alone may help you look the way you want to. You can also try full body workouts like swimming and aerobic classes. Throw in a few yoga classes and you are good to go!

• During my pregnancy I tried hard to watch what I ate. as far as excercise, I am not lazy but it is hard for me to get away from my baby, Thats I walk with her so much. I am married but my husband is  a great provider but a terrible babysitter.

• I found a couple of DVD workouts that I like - with just a set of hand weights and the DVD, you can work more of target areas that you are concerned about. My favorite is The 30 Day Shred because the workouts are only 20 minutes but totally pack a punch!

• Trina1230.. when i got my first child I was in my early 20s and I was 98 pounds and nine days after giving birth, i went back to 98 pounds... I just gave birth 3 weeks ago and now i am in my 30s and I was thinking that I would go back to my pre-baby weight just as fast.. but I was only kidding myself...Its harder as you get oIder, in my opinion, to loose the weight so I watch what I eat, and I do light workout at home since I was told by the Dr.to wait for my 6 weeks check-up before hitting the gym.. Hang in there.. it will go as long as you have the drive..

• trina1230: DITTO... I didn't gain much in the first place, but trust me if you don't work now to get rid of it then it will multiply and be much more difficult to take off. After about 2 weeks i was back down to my pre pregnancy weight; honestly i wore my pre pregnancy pants into the hospital to have my baby if that tells ya anything. Anyway we moved a couple states away when my daughter was about a month. Let me tell ya living in a hotel for 2 months while house hunting and not being able to really eat as healthy as i wanted or exercise as much as i wanted has made things much more difficult for me now. I've gained back some of the weight and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to take it back off.... You've got to get on that exercise wagon and stay there!

• It depends if you are breastfeeding or not, but if you are back down in the weight you are doing well!  I have a baby that will be 2 months on Tuesday and I have stopped bf and we are all on formula now.  I have my monthly visitor and I find that it takes until this time for the uterus to really start to go back down.  This is my third baby, third c-section, and I'm in my mid 30's.  My body has never been quite the same as it was, but I am healthy (food choices and exercise wise) and I know that I just have to be patient for the bloated belly to find its way back down.

Sounds like you are off to a great start, patience is the only thing that can help now.  MJ

• The best tip ever is to honestly just give your body time. Everything you are doing now is perfect. But our bodies have just been through a huge change. Your organs are not the same size as they were and will still take at nine more months to get even close to that size. Once your body has readjusted than you will notice change again. :) 

• Shantelly, excellant advice!  Patience is the hardest thing for anything that we want badly in our lives!  However, esp. with weight loss the more patience the better.  Slow and steady weight loss is long lasting, while shortcuts never work.

Keep us posted eeryone!

-Jess