New mom

• Hello all! Just wanted to introduce myself. Just had my little one 6 days ago. Any other new moms feeling terrified?

• Congrats!!! And Welcome to the site!!! I must say that it is normal to feel terrified as a first time mom. You spend 9 months dreaming about your baby and doing everything to ensure it is born healthy then you spend two days in the hospital soaking up all the info from the nurses and doctors as possible just to be sent home with this teeny-tiny life who depends entirely on you for it's health, safety, and happiness. That's a lot of pressure to take on for the first time... everything will soon fall into place and you will know what to do when you need to. You don't need to know everything right now, it will come as you need it. And really i have found that to be a good parent you need to consult your good common sense. You will be able to tell when something is just off and needs to be addressed by a doctor. Aside from that just pay attention to and love that baby

• Noreen-

Welcome to the boards!  You will find this a very welcoming place and will find lots of good information here as well.  What is your favorite thing about being a new mom?  What is the hardest thing?  Is there anything that we can do to support you?

Congrats on your new baby!

-Jess

• Oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS! A 6 day old baby is sooo amazing, cute, and overwhelming. It is perfectly natural to be terrified, especially if you are a first time mother. Try your best to get some sleep, even if it is during the day. Once your hormones get a bit more under control things will feel better. Take advantage of the help people offer you and let them help you out. You will do wonderfully and it is normal to be scared! Congratulations!

• Congrats Noreen! My wife and I had our fourth on Valentine's Day and our first son! Welcome to Strong Moms and please use all of the experience of the boards by asking plenty of questions... we're all happy to help!