New and overwhelmed mom

• Hi everybody. My baby boy was born almost 2 weeks ago on 12/11. He is the greatest blessing in my life besides my husband. The only problem I'm having is the anxious and overwhelmed feeling I keep having. I knew my life would change but I didn't know it would be so sudden. I used to work in a daycare and thought I was prepared. My husband has been a major help but I'm starting to feel nervous about him going back to work next week. All my friends and family tell me what I feel is normal and it will pass. I want to give my son my best and I know if I stay stressed, I'm going to miss out on the most important part of his life! I would love some support and much needed prayers!

• Know that you're not alone!  I have two boys, and as you've heard, it is perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed.  You're a mom who wants what is best for her son!  One thing that has helped me is to set aside a few minutes everyday for myself.  With my first son, I felt so selfish doing that, but I realize now more than ever I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF in order to go on taking care of them!  When he goes back to work is there someone who could watch the baby an hour or so, just to give you a little break?  Could your husband come home for lunch the first week, just to check in on you?  You mentioned family... could they step in and help a little, too?  I have a hard time asking for help, but it's something I'm learning to do.  Another piece of advice, be in the moment.  I think I missed a lot with my first one because I was continually stressed out.  Just enjoy whatever it is you're doing with him, and try not to worry about the 50 million other things that will still be there anyway!  (Hey, I'm preaching to the choir on this one!!)  Prayers and blessings.

• I know what you mean. My little girl was born November 19th and I swear I found myself crying a lot everyday throughout the day.  I could not understand it since I have been trying to have a baby for the last 5 years.  It will pass. She is now 5 weeks and I think I am just finally understanding and accepting what just happened. God bless.  Take all the help you can.

• Don't worry take one day at a time. I was the same way if not worse and it passed for me. He is only 2 weeks old and your still learning his patterns it does get easier. My son ( now 9 Months) didn't really get on a schedule till close to 4 weeks. Just remember Enjoy your baby, you will figure it out...Best of luck

• Thank you everybody for your support. I'm doing better everyday. Yesterday was Jack's first Christmas. I cried a few time yesterday--but happy tears. It was great to get out of house and be with family. I felt like a real person. I've never felt so blessed as I did yesterday to think of all the priceless gifts I've been given in the past few weeks. Pray for me tonight--my husband works the night shift--going back to work tonight for the first time in 2 weeks. I'll be on my own doing feedings every 3 hours!

• I will totally pray for you girl!! I just went through the same thing 2 weeks ago with my hubby going back to night shifts. It was a little rough, but now it's really easy. Stay strong and take total advantage of power naps! Congrats!

• You are not alone, i have a 10 day old baby girl. I feel over Whelmed quite often. Someitmes i as well end up in tears, and am always exhausted. I have Two girls, one is 4 years old. I felt this way with my first, but i do know it does pass, and it is very normal. It is extremely hard when your husband goes back to work, but one day at a time, one hour at a time. Try to enjoy the second you are in, and not worry or thinking about how long it will be till he gets home. 

If you need anyone to talk to, dont hesitate! I do know how you feel, and am going through the same thing!

• your not alone i felt the same way. When I had my son I came home from the hospital and was alone until my fiance came home from work. It may get a little overwhelming but within a couple of days you and your baby will start getting into your own routine. remember to rest when the baby sleeps enjoy all the time you can with him it gets better and better as time goes on

• No matter whether it is your first baby or your fourth, you always feel a bit overwhelmed during the first month or two. I just had my 4th baby in October and I was freaked out when my husband went back to work..you just need to take it day by day and ask for help when you need it. If you have a friend or family member that can come in and give you a few hours here and there, it will help tremendously. Your feelings are normal....but if you begin to get tooo overwhelmed or have feelings of depression...talk to your doctor immediately!