How do you get rid of baby weight after C Section???

• I used to be lucky because I never had to exercise.  My baby was a big boy and I had to have a c section.  I am wondering if other mom's out there that had c sections how did you get rid of the weight.  All of my weight lies in my belly area.  It's so frustrating as I used to be a size 5 before baby and now a size 10.  My child is 9 months old and it seems like nothing works to get the belly fat off. 

THANK YOU!

• I have not had a C section, but I can tell you that even after a vaginal birth...the weight can be hard to take off. Try doing exercises that strengthen your core like yoga, pliates etc...commit to working out 4x a week and eating healthy. Take a good look at your diet and write it down for 1 week...you may be surprised at how poorly you are eating. Even if you are doing pretty well....try to switch breads and pastas for whole grain versions...cut out soda and other highly sugared drinks and limit your processed foods. If you are still having trouble, talk to your doctor or see a nutritionist. Good luck...

• Hi Hon,

I have had 2 c-sections and preparing for a third in November. With my first I gained 50 lbs. But prior to getting pregnant I was running up to 6 miles, sit ups and all the fun stuff the Army has for it's soldiers. I think this is why I was able to lose the weight so quickly. I started at per-pregnancy weight of 125 and 6 months after delivery I was down to 115. I didn't exercise at all after my c-section. But I was always moving, breast feeding, and I ate small portions but frequently throughout the day to keep my metabolism up. With my second I gained a little more and it took me longer to lose the weight afterwards. About 9-12 months, and I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight. You don't want to lose weight too fast b.c. the excess skin in your tummy will hang and sag. Take your time, cut out as much salt that you can live without as possible. A lot of what you are seeing could be water retention. Try taking baby on walks once or twice a day. Carry your baby while you do household chores, play with he/she like up --- down games. bend and pick up baby and lift above your head and  hold there a few seconds and talk to baby, then down. I never bent at the knees but it will be better for your back if you do. Do lundges while holding baby this will help shrink from your waist down. Start out doing it for about 5 min for a few days, and then in a few days 8 min, and so on. You will feel it.  I also don't eat chocolate, soda, little debbie, or chips. I just don't keep it in the house that way there is no temptation. I hope this helps, just  don't be hard on yourself, you are beautiful regardless of your pant size. OH.... and set realistic goals. Try "I want to lose 2 pounds by next week." You'll be surprised how just cutting soda and salt from your diet how fast your waist will start shrinking. Since you had a c-section, I'm sorry to say, you will always have a little excess skin in the mid section. it tightens a little if you do ab streches and mini workouts. And Lotion with collagen will help. Sorry if I went overboard with my response. Good luck Sweetie. Contact me if you have more questions or need help. Stephanie_l_martinez@yahoo.com

• before i got pregnant i was a size 14. i too had a c-section, and i felt like i would never get the weight off. a friend of mine who had also had a c-section was a size 5 before she got pregnant. she recommended flirty girl fitness dvds to me. by the time her lil boy was 3 months old she was down to a size 2 and looks AMAZING. i've struggled with my weight my entire life, always had gym memberships, never ate fast food, anything, and these dvds not only got me back to my original size 14, but now (my daughter is 6 months) im down to a size 10-12. they are strenuous at first, but within a week i saw results.  good luck

• How soon after your C-section did you start to exercise?  I just had a c-section 2 weeks ago and am still numb in the belly.  I want to get back to a flatter tummy, but don't want to stress out the incision.....

• Regarding how soon after a c section can you exercise.... My doctor told me to start out gently contract and release the belly area. I started this when my baby was two weeks old. I went back to work quickly too with my first two. Our third will be born in September. :) Just take it easy and build up to what you feel comfortable with. Stay focused and develop a healthy routine that you can handle. Every person is different... A trainer will even tell you that. But to lose the weight, a healthy diet is necessary. I still have some stretched skin on my stomach, but it's because of how far they open your abdomen with such a small incision. The weight was my main focus after my second child. I like to wear a kymora sometimes under shirts that need my tummy to be flatter. Confidence goes a long ways too :)