Day care....yikes

• We recently moved to a new state without any family. I'm returning to work, and I have to select a daycare for my baby. I'm nervous! Will they treat my baby right? What if he's having a difficult day, how will they treat him? And I have a million other concerns. I know no one will ever care or love my baby like I do. Working moms: How do you do you cope with sending your baby to day care? What did you look for when you chose your day care?

• With our first baby, we used daycare at 3 months and we went to about 10 in the area. We just felt comfortable with a place and went with it. Hopefully, you will reach a comfort level with the center and have peace of mind. Important factors for us included staff size, age groups and hours. Price can range widely so figure out what you are paying for at each center.

• I know it's hard going back to work after having a child. Honestly one of the best ways I found to find the right daycare is "shop around". I really good daycare will take the time to talk to you about your concerns and answer any questions you may have. It's not a bad thing to even ask for recomendations from the day care provider. If they have nothing to hide then they will be more than willing to help you out. good luck sweetie.

• I completely understand what you are going through.  I am actually still pregnant but I have worked in the child care setting and seen the good and bad.  I do not have a clue what I am going to do if I cannot find a close friend or a family member to watch my baby.  I know that in the community I work in we have groups you can call and talk to about who has openings for infants and maybe get some recommendations.  Another site I would also check is the Department of Early Learning (DEL).  This site will provide you with access to any incidences/accidents a center/home has had caring for children.  I know that with the information I have about child development and care settings putting a child into a center that I did not trust 100% would be impossible for me.  To be honest there is only 2 centers/homes in my town that I would trust.  One is a lady who has been working with Infants and Toddlers for 20+ years and the other is where the previous women use to work (but I would only send my daughter there if she was cared for only by one of the people that work there, I don't trust the others).  Hope the DEL website helps you out.

• So I was about to find a daycare. I talked it over with friends and family, and I received a wide range of advice. Some told me to go with the best deal, and others told me to almost do a interrogation of the place. Needless to say, it was a challenge! But the best advice someone told me was that "you will know in your heart when you enter into the daycare which one would be right for you baby". So I prayed long and hard and asked God to guide and help choose the right daycare for my son regardless of the price. And after making through our first day, I feel really good about my decision. They ladies were so nice, and I saw them interacting with my son like I would. She didn't have in a swing or bouncer and was just doing her own thing. She was really nurturing him. Thank God. My son is the only baby in the house, so he's really accustomed to getting tons of one-on-one time. I thank God for guiding me to that place. I can finally breath at work now that I'm sure my son is in good hands.