First time mom-to-be

• Hi. I'm new to the site and a first time mom-to-be. I'm looking for whatever advice I can get. Looking forward to learning and meeting others.

• Hi! Welcome to StrongMoms! You will enjoy this site tremendously - so many wonderful parents on here sharing advice and encouragement. What specific issues did you have questions about? How far along are you? Congrats - looking forward to getting to know you!

• Hi! I'm 21 weeks now. I don't have any specific questions, yet. I just have general things that I've been wondering about. Anything - what's the best car seat, stroller, etc. to - do I need an expensive breast pump or will any do. I'm just not sure about a lot of things and keep reading and learning. I'm just looking for other pregnant women, moms, that can give me advice, help or just to learn from. Thanks. I'm looking forward to learning more and getting to know people.

• Welcome to Strong Moms! There are so many car seats and strollers that are great..I don't think there is a "BEST" one. Just go browse through the aisles and see which ones you like, then check out consumer reports etc for safety ratings etc... As far as breast pumps go....you can rent a hospital pump for a month or two after you have the baby to be sure you are going to be able to breast feed and that all is going well. Then if things are going well with breastfeeding, I would suggest investing a bit of money to get a nice one. It really helps and makes a difference..especially if you are going to be pumping at work etc.. Good luck, and glad you are here!

• i'm a first time mom to be as well. Smile i'm looking forward to learning and meeting others as well. i'm due 9-23-2011

• Welcome Katin! Congratulations!! Many wonderful adventures are ahead for you and I hope you will share with us as you enter the journey. -Jess
  • I am also a first-time mom-to-be.  I am due 9-12-2011.  Looks like September is a good time for first-time moms

• Thank you so much for the information, especially about the breast pumps. I didn't know you could rent from the hospital. That will really help. I appreciate it.

• Congratulations! It is a fun journey!