Wide feet-help!

• My little boy has wide/thick feet that don't fit into most shoes that are supposedly his size. Does anyone have experience with certain brands of shoes that fit babies with feet like his?
  • Hmm.  How old is he?

• He is 21 months now. A lot of shoes that tie shut are WAY too narrow and small for him. The length is right but he can't stuff his feet into the shoes. I have SOME success with velcro shoes but not always. I have used Crocs this summer because they are wide and he can slip his feet into them easily but summer is almost over and he will need something warmer...I'm open to ideas. :-)
  • Have you tried Crocs shoes as well?  They make cute sneakers and boots now, too.  I have a pair of boots and a pair of clogs and they look about the same width on the sole.  They're a little pricey, but I hear they last forever.

• I haven't seen the Crocs shoes - I'll check those out! Most stores around seem to just carry those typical clogs with holes in them but I think the mall near me has a Croc kiosk - thanks for the tip!
  • Do you have a Stride Rite store?  They have Extra Wide shoes.

• Yes the Stride Rite store has wides and sometimes you can find a wide shoe at a Payless or Walmart but you really have to look! 

• Stride Rite stores were a life saver! They were fabulous, along with Crocs. :-) 

• My daughter has very wide feet and still does. She is now almost 3. I take her to stride rite and they measure her feet. If they dont have the shoe that will fit her, I know the size so I can order it on the internet.

• Ah, good tip. I love the internet ordering idea. You can be sure you'll get the right size by taking her into the store for a measurement. Thanks!

• really nice tip !!