Picking the Perfect High Chair-What Do You Look For? Picking the Perfect High Chair-What Do You Look For? Picking the Perfect High Chair-What Do You Look For? Picking the Perfect High Chair--What do you Look For?

• When we bought our high chair, I knew I wanted one with a detachable tray. I also made sure that the tray actually fit in our dishwasher! As a result, we have used the same high chair through all 4 of our children! What did you look for when choosing your high chair? Do you have any helpful advice for our new mommy shoppers?

• I would always check with other parents before buying any equipment like a high chair. I share your opinions that we wanted to buy a reasonably inexpensive high chair and have a removable tray to enhance washing. Recently at a consignment sale for gently used baby furniture and clothing, I found a duplicate of the high chair we already have for a fraction of the cost of what we paid and it was seemingly brand new... it felt like we struck gold!

• I looked around forever trying to decide what kind of high chair to buy.  I finally decided to go with one that's a little more portable.  It sits on a dining chair and folds up nicely for travel (which was great when my daughter was younger and always needed a chair w/ a tray--made restaurants easier :) ).  It also has a detachable dishwasher-safe tray (which, you're right, is a must).  The one we got can also be converted into a booster seat later--I love stuff that grows with my daughter :)

• Sgmitch - we did the same thing! I'm so glad we got a portable high chair - it travels really well to Grandma and Grandpa's house or to friends who don't have kids yet and need us to have a high chair at their dinner party. I love the fact that it grows with our little guy too - it's such a smart purchase!