Finding Great Baby Bargains--Where Do You Go?

• These days there seems like there isn't enough money to go around. As a result, I like to shop at the used kid's clothing store down the street. There are some really great buys on clothes, toys, and other gently used baby items. Where do you go to find the best baby bargains?

• As I have said on Strong Moms, consignment shopping for baby gear is a great way to save money and almost make a sport out of shopping. Local charities in my community have held baby gear consignment sales as a fund raiser, with vendors donating a $10 fee to charity and then keeping the money from items they sell. I have attended two of these and they are a win-win for everyone involved.

• As AnswerDad01 said, consignments are the best way to go! I got a lot of my sons clothes from them. They usually have GREAT sales for off season clothing. I would buy some bigger sizes so by the time the next season would come, the clothes were ready to be worn!

• I like consignment shops as well, but I wish I could rent toys instead of buying them! It seems like sometimes my kids just want to try a toy out for a while and then they aren't interested in it! Do you have any places that "rent" toys?

• I go to consignment shops for everything. Luckily the one that I found and fell in love with also has sales that make it even better and $2 days!! I love to stock up on all diff sizes and when the toys go on sale I stock up on toys for when he gets older as well!! They have a fb page you can check them out if you live in NY Polka Bots Consignment!!!

• Craigslist! I got 3 garbage bags full of baby boy clothes from this dad for $30...not each either...all 3 bags for $30!!! Obviously, go with someone and meet in a public place!! Also, eBay...those two sites have saved me SO much money!!

• I just recently found a Facebook page that sells items in my town. I have scored big time on toys, clothing, plus I have been fortunate that some of my friends have other children that have long grown out there cloths. I used to not be fond of yard sales or hand me downs but the way I see it times are tough and sometimes you have to do it to make ends meet. Just recently my friend gave me 7 super cute outfits. Some she can use to go out on a play date other just to be around the house. I also know that goodwill also have a specific Saturday were every thing is 50% off every other Saturday you can sometimes score super cute cloths you do have to be prepared to look and spend some time there. Another thing I have notices that Military families that are relocating always have great sales on toys and cloths for super cheap. These are just some ideas. Plus I always shop for cloth at the end of the season to get them new and super cheap. I buy winter cloths in the summer and summer cloths in the winter.

• IF ANYBODY LIVES IN DELAWARE THERS A GREAT STORE IN DOVER CALLED ONCE UPON A CHILD.YOU CAN TRADE YOUR OLD STUFF IN TO AND GET CREDIT.ALSO THE SALVATION ARMY ALWAYS HAS GREAT THINGS,YOU JUST REALLY HAVE TO LOOK AND SPEND TIME SAME WITH GOODWILL.

• Once upon a child stores are pretty good... they are very picky about the second hand stuff they take, so you can usually trust that things will be in good shape when you get it. There are several around the country too.

• I also recently found out that Amazon has a club called Amazon Mom and you can join. Then you can have our diapers and wipes etc...shipped to your door at 30% discounts! That certainly helps!

• Oh, I love Amazon Mom. You can get some great deals there. Check it out!

• Church thrift shops, Once Upon a Child is great and garage sales now that summer is here.
  • I just recently scoured Craigslist for a double jogger and got a great deal! Just worth mentioning Craigslist again as a great place to look for kids stuff!

• I can agree with looking on craigslist, however it's not wise to purchase stuff alone. You never know if the person you're buying from is nuts or not and better safe than sorry... especially if you're taking your babies with you.

• Oh, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I always meet people from Craigslist at a busy Starbucks in a shopping mall near my house. If I'm getting something from their home, my husband always goes with me. Safety first!!