Technology

• Our good friends are very tech savvy and recently amazed us that their monitor interfaced with their iphone, allowing them to view their sleeping baby from any location. My wife and I are way behind the curve when it comes to baby-related technology. Are there any other gadgets or apps out there like this one that you can’t live without? - Chris, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Update to this story... my 2-year old got a hold of my wife's iphone and actually managed to post photos to my wife's Facebook account. This is a real eye-opener for us... time to start managing passwords and locking devices! We also need to childproof our cable channels.

• I feel your pain. I had to change the locking mode on my phone because my daughter will get a hold of it and start browsing the internet and access the expensive apps. Thank goodness she hasn't downloaded or accessed anything inappropriate. I did find an awesome free toddler lock app for my smart phone that will turn your screen into a drawing pad with shapes and music. I love it because my daughter can get a hold of my phone and touch anything she wants and not access anything she shouldn't. To unlock it all you do is touch the four corners.

• That is what I need... what was the app Brinny... right up my alley!

• I believe it it called toddler lock. If you go to your app store and type in Toddler lock Into the search field then it will come up with a ton of apps. Some are free and some aren't. The one I have has a icon with a star circle and square. Hopefully it will ībe easy for you to find.

• Oh my gosh, toddler lock!  I had no idea.  My niece loves my iphone and so i a bunch of programs downloaded on it for her to play with.  I tried to find more educational apps-art, reading, spelling, animals.  She will however play with it until the battery is completely dead.  So, I now have the rule that we do 20 minutes timed of iphone time (screen time I consider it) and then the phone goes back in Aunt Jessica's purse.  I then will sometimes make it so that she can earn another 20 minutes later in the visit if she is well behaved.  This is if I'm visiting for several hours.  She really respects this and is a good sport about it-and as always lots of positive reinforcement for abiding by the screen time policy.  I emphasize that i came to visit her and if she is online then we don't visit!  She will be four years old in October so she is a bit older and understands all this.  -Jess

• technology have  good apps for  internet browsing .its one great aaps is video calling from any location ,this is also very helpful for baby care,it give knowledge about baby activity which is currently happening like eating,sleeping,playing etc.

• Technology  have a great aaps for internet browser .its main features video calling from any   location. this is helpful for baby care &  provide information about  baby activity like eating,sleeping,playing etc,

• Great advice everyone! Toddler lock is working for me so thanks Brinny!

• My 1 yr 9 months baby girl also knows a lot about the new tech. So what we did we downloaded educational stuff on an iPad and let her browse on that and we just amazed when we notice she already know how to play Puzzingo and a lot more educational things.

•  you're welcome AnswerDad... I'm glad it's working well for you. I have also found a couple of other good ones. One has a few different screens one of which shoots fireworks when the screen is touched, one has shapes with chime noises, and the other has all kinds of animals and when you touch the animal it makes the appropriate animal noise and spins... The other one that my daughter enjoys is an alphabet one where she can scroll to any letter and it it will show an animal that begins with that letter and will say (D- Dog) and makes a noise that corresponds with that animal. anyway i really like these locks because not only do they protect my phone from little fingers, but they are also educational and entertaining. I do try to limit my use of the phone and my daughters access to playing with the phone though. I don't want her to grow up being dependent on technology for entertainment.