Pacifier for Newborn

• My son is a little more than one month old and thus far has been a pretty good baby. We are looking forward to when he sleeps through the night but that goes with the territory! Our daughters took to a pacifier instantly but our son has yet to find a comfort zone with any type we have tried. What is the shape, size and brand of your baby’s favorite pacifier? -- Chris, Strongmoms Facilitator

• One of my children loved the NUK, the others liked MAM. I think you just keep buying them and trying them out till you find one he likes!! LOL!

• Hmm, I don't think that it has ever really mattered what pacifier I've used with kiddos.  They don't seem to picky!  I think the key is to just make sure it's not to big or to small for the baby.

-Jess

• My first loved Soothies. They were his fav. My second never did like a pacifier! He didn't suck his thumb either...just figured out how to chill on his own, I guess. :-p 

• both mine used soothies! my first loved the wubbanunb and my second just likes the soothie paci

• I have a 2 month old. We have tried 3 different pacifiers and she doesn't want any of them. She doesn't suck her hands or thumbs. She is good about calming herself down. I figure this ok and I dont have to take it away one day. 

• My third child was like that Tach... very little interest and a good self soother from the get go. My baby now is much more likely to need additional help! 

• I think it's great that some of these kiddos are self-soothers.  That is the effect we are after with a pacifier, so if they can do it without one-more power to them!

-Jess

• Yes, my third child was like that and HATED all pacifiers, but he didn't need them. He was a quiet baby and didn't feel an overwhelming desire to suck on things, so it worked out. 

• Tach - EXACTLY! We had to figure out with my first how to break the pacifier habit when he was 2. It was a pain if we forgot to bring them with us somewhere, etc. My second is exactly like your daughter - he doesn't suck his thumb or use a paci. I'm pretty relieved because we won't have to figure out how to break a bad habit later!