I'm 9 weeks, when do u start buying things for the baby ???

• When is it time to start buying for the baby ???

• hey yeah i was 8 weeks when i found out! i went out right away and bought first outfit that i knew he would come home in at that point i didnt know if it were a boy or a girl so i got something that would fit both! After that i waited until i was at least 12 weeks. But go ahead girlie, do what you want because now..Its all about you! have fun and enjoy your pregnancy!Smile

• Everyone feels differently about it, but I waited until after 20 weeks to really buy things for the baby. Unless you find some really great sales, I would wait...there really is no rush.

• I waited until I found out the gender of my baby at 21 weeks...and then I got scolded by friends and family because I wasn't leaving anything for them to buy. Everyone has been so excited that I have hardly had to buy anything and baby Christian has a room (closet and drawers) full of clothes and toys and things that he probably wont use for months. So, I guess I would say to try to keep in mind that people may want to purchase things for you...so, not to go too crazy at first. But it's hard to resist! (PS - I did buy a onsie when I was just 8 weeks along.) Good luck and happy pregnancy to you!

• i'd wait until you know gender for clothes...but as for big things like stoller and crib and carseat and such if you see something on wicked sale i'd get it because that kind of stuff gets expensive fast. I'm on my second and i'm waiting until i know gender for one main reason if i have another boy i dont need clothes and if i have a girl i will need lots of clothes because i dont have many of the colors that can go either way because mine and my husbands family got alot of blues when it came to clothes. I also waited to know with my frist so i could get things i know i would use instead of just getting something because i thought it was cute and hope for the best.

• I didn't start buying things until I was around 5 months or more, plus you get a lot of things from your baby shower.  I would say getting your baby room together is a good start because you want the paint to have enough time to dry and then when you do start buying things you will have somewhere to put it.

• HAVE FUN your a soon to be mommy. I know some families wait until after 30 weeks ( to make sure they are going to make it though) but I went out and I bought things the first payday after I found out. Good thoughts bring good energy and thats what you need around a new mommy. again have fun and do some shopping haha!

• I agree that you should wait on clothes... everyone will buy you clothes and begin researching car seats and furniture... if you find a deal, don't hesitate!

• I think it really depends on baby showers and the level of support for family and friends.

My in-laws were so excited about the baby that we didn't have to buy a thing. We had three baby showers thrown for us and ended up with everything we needed.
    My baby is 9 weeks old and we have still to this day only bought one outfit and formula. Still living off the diapers we got at the diaper raffles!

Good luck!

• I'm 29 wks along with my first and I waited until about 20 wks-I had amnioscentesis and other tests at 18 wks, so after that.  I did tell family & friends no baby stuff 4 xmas (I am superstitious!) but nannie (my mom) is 1st time grandmother so she got baby a whole bunch of stuff anyway. Have fun!

• I also waited until I found out the gender of my baby and the doctor said once you get past this point it is very rare for something to happen to the baby. The reason I did that thought was because I had had 2 miscarriages (actually 1 miscarriage and 1 molar pregnancy) So I had mad the mistake of going right out and getting stuff and telling everyone. It is up to you hun, But the worst thing is when you have a miscarriage and you see people you've told and they say "hows your baby" or "your wife doesnt look pregnant at all" and then going up to the nursery and seeing all the stuff you bought, it just made it harder to get over. Thats just my opinion. But, Good Luck and Congrats!! I hope you have an easy pregnancy and enjoy each stage of your babies life it goes so quick.   -Dan

• I WOULD WAIT UNTIL 6 MONTHS... CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN TIME, PREGNANCY IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE... I STARTED GOING INTO PRETERM LABOR FOR NO REASON AT ALL AT 6 MONTHS PREGNANT AND WAS ON BED REST IN THE HOSPITAL FOR A MONTH AND I DELIVERED AT 28 WEEKS PREGNANT (7 MONTHS) I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MY BABYSHOWER NOV.8 I ENDED UP HAVING HIM NOV.4 OF 09 MY DUE DATE WAS JAN.27 2010 ... IF YOU WANT TO THATS OK BUT I WOULD DEFINITLY WAIT IF I WERE YOU.

• WHEN you start buying is up to you.  however, i would say stock up on the necessities whenever you see a great deal (diapers and wipes especially)  "They say..." you will go through 8-12 diapers a day in the beginning so plan ahead.  i wouldn't even bother with the "newborn" size diapers, start with the number 1 size.  after four kids, i've tested pretty much every brand out there and have found the huggies wipes are tops and prefer pampers swaddlers for newbie babies.

• I work at a baby store and most people come in to do their registries and buy their first baby items around 20 weeks. I would wait until that point just in cast something happens. Granted none of us want to even think about that when we are pregnant but it is a possibility, so I would wait until you're at that point to begin shopping. But all of us moms get caught up with the big news that we feel like we need to get something, so if the baby bug gets you get something simple like a bib. Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!