pampers

• how many boxes of new born pampers should i buy? they come in boxes of 90.  i dont want to get too many new born pampers and not use them.

• I would just buy one box for now...you can always send someone to the store for you if you need more once the baby arrives. Trouble is, if your baby is large, he or she may go into Size one diapers pretty quickly. Consequently, if your baby is small you could find yourself buying newborn diapers for quite a while. Until your precious little bundle gets here, I wouldn't stock up on too many diapers!

• It's hard to know, really. I'd buy one box and then see how big your baby is. That way you have one box ready to go but not too many if your baby ends up being a good size. Another option is to buy them just before you delivery and then have a receipt so that you can take it back within the 90 days to exchange (or whatever the store policy is).

• Polish3d- Well as in general newborns can be changed as much as every 3 hours! So you can mult. that out and see where it gets you week wise/diaper wise. Have others found any good diaper sales? I know that if you belong to costco there are often coupons sent out for diapers. Hard to beat a costco coupon! Let us know what you come up with, and I look forward to input from others. Jess
  • Because every baby is different and grows at a different pace, 90 should be plenty to start with. Once you are home you can assess what your needs will be. Congratulations and good luck!

• I just finish my registries and I had a hard time figuring out what type of pampers I should purchase and should I buy a whole bunch of newborn but with the help of my mom. When deciding how many and what type of pampers I want people to get me. So my mom told me to put down one box of newborn pampers because babies grow out of those quicker. So I make sure that I requested alot of the other sizes like stages 3, 4, and 5. Hope I was able to help.

• My daughter is 6 months old now, and Pampers is the right diaper for her! However, before her cord fell off, we found that Huggies worked the best due to a better dip in the front to not rub against the cord. I wouldn't stock up on too many until baby is born and you know what you're dealing with. (On a side note, people were put in a door-prize drawing for bringing a packet of diapers to my shower--didn't have to buy diapers for the first 4 months! Highly recommended!)

• I've started ordering my diapers off amazon.  Once you know what size your baby's going to be in for a while you can set it up to auto order them every month (or longer depending on what you need) which gets you a discount.  I think I'm getting about $10 off my pampers every time.  Shipping's free, too, which is even better :)  They're still a little more expensive than the costco diapers, but only a few dollars a box and I figure I'm saving money by not having to drive to the store any way.

• We only bought size one diapers and thank god we did because my daughter was huge when she was born.  She never fit into newborn diapers even at the hospital.  I recommend buying size one and then when the baby is born, see if you will need newborn diapers and then have your hubby or a family member go and buy a box or two.  They grow out of newborn diapers fairly quickly and they don't hold a lot especially with the sticky poops babies make.

• Turtlespud04: I was in the same boat! So glad I didn't buy newborn diapers after all. How much did your baby weigh when she was born?