Slings/Carriers

• There are so many slings and baby carriers out there to choose from. They can be so great for helping to free your hands up when your baby loves to be held but you have things to get done, as well as just going for a walk with your family. What are some of your favorite brands out there that you’ve tried? -- Julie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• I had both a sling and "backpack" carrier. The band of sling i had i didn't like only because the fabric didn't have any give whatsoever and it was difficult to fit my daughter in it comfortably (even as a small infant). As a result i used the backpack carrier most often, but i found it to be ,hot, bulky, and hard to maneuver on occasion while wearing it... I think if the sling were more "cozy" for my daughter i would have used it all the time. 

• I don't really have a favorite brand, but I make sure to look up reviews for all the baby gear I buy or intent to buy.

• Yeah, I see what you mean. I have heard of people making their own slings for this reason! Have you heard of a Moby wrap? A lot of people swear by those! I love the Ergo carrier. I can carry my son in it up to 40-50 pounds!!