I am 37 weeks and two days along

• Hello Mommies,

My name is Kelly Baldwin

I am 20 years old and I am pregnant with my first child

Her name is Liliana Rae Baldwin

I have been on the fence about how to feed my child

At first I wanted to breastfeed but I have senstive nipples and hate anything to touch them

So then I decided to just pump my breastmilk but people tell me I won't make enough milk

Now I think I will just feed my daughter Similac

Does anyone have any advice for me?

• Hello Kelly and welcome to Strong Moms! Congratulations on being pregnant with your first child. While breastmilk is best, formula is a great alternative for many women. There are many reasons why women choose to give their babies formula and you can rest assured knowing that your baby will be getting all the nutrition she needs to grow and develop. If you are interested in trying breastfeeding, I would consider talking to a lactation nurse about how to begin breastfeeding. You may find that you can pump your milk and feed your baby for the first several months before switching to formula completely. Even a little bit of breast milk is beneficial. Talk to your doctor and to a lactation nurse before making any decisions. 

• Welcome to strongmoms, and congrats on your daughters birth!  I want to echo what our other facilitator commented in regard to feeding.  It sounds like you are doing a great job with your daughter.  Please keep us in the loops with how things are going for you, baby and family-and if we can be of any support do speak up!

-Jess