Feeding and Nutrition

• What was the best piece of advice about breastfeeding that you've received? Pass it on so others can learn from your experience! -- Julie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• LANOLIN!!!! Put lanolin on your nipples after every feeding for the first month of breastfeeding--otherwise your nipples will get so sore!!!

• I used my fair share of lanolin in the first few weeks of breastfeeding! I also have friends who used hydrogels when their nipples were sore...they loved those. 

• I think palmers nursing butter is the best. It has cocoa butter and petrolium which seems to protect nipples. I have used the lansinoh but hate the thickness. 

• Mamatres24 -good to know for people who aren't thrilled with lanolin! I'll have something else to recommend. :-) 

• You can also use vitamin e capsules and my ped says its ok for the baby to nurse right after you put it on too. Its just a vitamin. additionally, you wont use the whole capsule in one use. It seems to quicken healing time of nipples that are brused or have sores on them.