bottles

• i have a 4 week old boy.  could i use the same bottle multiple times or should the bottle be sterile at every feeding?  could i use the dishwasher to clean the bottles (sterilize)., thanks,

• As long as you wash the bottle out with a bottle cleaner in between each feeding using the same bottle doesnt matter. I tired to wash my daughters bottles in the dish washer and they didnt come out that clean. I use a bottle brush and some dish soap and it works great.
  • You can use the same bottle as long as you have cleaned it. I found the dishwasher to be rough on my bottles and also not get them that clean. They would have a soapy film on them, which really bothered me because there is all kinds of harsh chemicals in dishwasher detergent. Opinions vary, but I didn't sterilize my daughter's bottles. I sterilized my son's for a month or so and then quit. I just washed them with hot, soapy water.

• I used the Playtex Nurser System for both my girls. I would sterilize the nipples once and then wash in the dishwasher. The drop in bags were pre-sterilized, so I didn't need to worry about that. But for the nipples, washing in the dishwasher was enough, especially since most detergents have sanitizing agents in them.

• I also agree the dishwasher does not do a great job. I found myself (and more often my wife) re-cleaning bottles fresh out of the dishwasher, so we figured there was no point. We use hot water and dish soap, and then sterilize them in boiling water from time to time.

As far as using the same bottle, a rinse with soapy water in between feedings is good if you don't have a clean alternative.