What's Your Story?

• Tell us the story of how you became a parent and how you decided to feed your baby - there are a lot of us out there with unique stories and amazing experiences. What works for one family doesn't always work for another. One of the best things we can do for each other is to listen to each other and support each other on this incredible journey called parenthood! If you want to meet even more mothers, join the "I Support You" movement for a Twitter Party on Wednesday, August 7th, at 8 pm EDT.  They will be asking you to share your truths about your feeding choices, and connecting you to other parents who might be feeding their children the same way.  You can find the movement with the hashtag #ISupportYou. -- Julie, Strongmoms Facilitator

• I became a parent when I was 18yrs old. I got married when I was 3 months pregnant w/ my first son. I was 17 at the time, I chose to breastfeed. It didn't last very long, only a few weeks but I still tried it. After my divorce and everything that was happening I fell into a deep depression. My parents ended up adopting my son when he was 3yrs old. I am still in his life and he still knows me, but I regret the choices made just about every day. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my second son, he is due December 26th. I will be 23 when I have him, and I am set on breastfeeding for at least a couple of months if I can manage.  I thank God for giving me this second chance to be a mother, and I am also thankful for all the support my family has given me. Considering I am doing this alone, the father of my son is not in my life, and has not been since before I was even a month along in my pregnancy. I also thank all of you for your support. 

• Wow - you've been through quite a lot! Congrats on your second little boy. :-) Do  you have a name picked out? It sounds like you've given parenting a lot of thought and consideration since having your son a few years ago. I know you can be a great parent to this little boy - he will blessed to have you as his mother. :-) Know that we are here to support you and be a place for your to vent and share your feelings! No mother is perfect...we all make a lot of mistakes but thank goodness for new beginnings. Hugs. 

• Thank you, I am planning to name him Carson, and thank you for your support and the hugs. (: 

• I posted this elsewhere, but GREAT name. :-) Love it - keep us up to speed on how your pregnancy and delivery goes!