Fun Ways to Get Your Kids to Drink More Water!

• I am always trying to get my children to drink more water. I recently found that if I put fun flavored ice cubes in their water glasses, they seem to drink it down! They love the frozen lemonade cubes, apple juice cubes, and even cranberry juice cubes. How do you get your kids to drink more water? ~Bonnie, StrongMoms Facilitator

• Very clever mommyrn... I will have to remember that for the future. Right now I trick hazel into drinking water. I will find a glass that she tends to gravitate to and put water in that cup. Recently it has been regular cups that she likes. If I give her one of those then I don't have to try to get her to drink it... she just does because she likes the challenge. Another trick I use is putting a splash of kool aid in her water... and I'm literally talking just enough to add some flavor.

• Nice trick! I'll have to remember that! I just don't have anything else in my house - hahah. I used to buy juice a lot and now we never do. They sometimes drink milk but I just hand my kids their water bottles repeatedly through out the day and they drink away! 

• Oh gosh, now I want to try that for myself!  What flavors would adults like best?  I'm thinking even some lemon cubes made from a non-sugar lemonade product might be a good place to start.

-Jess

• I got some really cute water bottles for the kids and now we just fill them up in the morning and go!