HELLO EVERYONE!!! I'm new here

• My name is Lili,I'm 38 years old, just had a baby boy name Jayden. He is only one month old.He is my first and think last one. Wow! I find it very exausted to be a mom, dont get me wrong I love my baby but i feel that my life made a tremendous 360. Sometimes i feel overwhelm.I have not had a goodnite sleep at all, if i sleep one to two hrs straight im very lucky. I'm having more of a hard time at night he's more fuzzy and not falling sleep that way he sleeps during the day. I feed him about every 3 to 3 an half sometimes 4 (rarely though)hours a day. I know it should get better. Am i alone on this?Am i doing anything wrong?

• Ljamie.  I understand!  My little guy is 4 weeks tomorrow and too, my life has changed so much.  3-4 hrs for feedings is normal...well for my little one it is.  You are doing exactly what you need to.  When my husband and I go to bed, I try to up his formula intake....this seems to make him sleep a little longer....we go to bed around 9....and he's up between 12 and 1....and then again at 330.  I'm sure it'll get better....it has to!!!  Good luck....I understand what your going through!!!

• My name is Michelle, I'm 28 (soon anyways) and I have a 7yr and a 3 month old... You are doing fine... With my first daughter I called my mom for everything and I was scared beyond belief... I learned to just go with the flow... With this new addition I have learned just to hang on for the ride... again.... I even homeschool as well... If I can do it, so can u... Just take one day at a time and dont worry about asking stupid questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask... good luck...

• It sounds like you are doing fabolous!  My son is now 3 1/2m old.  It was the same for me.  It didn't get easier until about 8 weeks when he started sleeping 6hrs at a time.  I actually bottlefed him pumped milk at night vs. nursing because he would take more without falling asleep so quickly so I could get more sleep.  Once I went back to work that fliped so he still nurses and we have that closeness I love.  My son is still sleeping 5-6hrs at a time and according to all the Dr's I talk to that is considered a full nights sleep.

I was told as long as you are worrying about what is right for your child your doing the right thing.

• HI LILY! I THINK MOST MOMS GO THROUGH THIS...I HAVE A 2-MONTH OLD SON. RIGHT NOW, I'M STILL OUT OF MATERNITY LEAVE AND I TRY TO NAP WITH HIM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. AT NIGHT, HE WAKES UP ABOUT EVERY 3 HOURS AND IF HE GETS FUZZY..I PUT HIM TO SLEEP WITH ME..EVEN THOUGH HE HAS HIS CRIB. I'M TOLD BY EVERYONE..THAT THE OLDER THEY GET..THE MORE THEY SLEEP..WE JUST NEED TO WAIT..WHEN I'M FEELING "STRESSED"..I JUST LQQK AT MY SON AND SMILE. I REMIND MYSELF THAT BEING A MOTHER IS A BLESSING. LET'S ENJOY THEM..SINCE THEY GROW UP SOOOOOO QUICKLY!

• You are not alone. I am new to the discussion boards, but joined because I have felt the same way you did! My son is 9 weeks now and is just now starting to sleep more thorugh the night, but it is still hard, and I have to go back to work in 2weeks, I'm freaked out. It is very exhausting and overwhelming. I hope you have support, if so, use it and make sure to take care of yourself when you can...sleeping, drinking lots of water, going outside for a walk, etc. My life feels totally different too but in a good way, I have to think positive and do gratitude lists to help me stay on the right path w/everything. Sleep deprivation is the worst part I think.
  • You are doing just fine. It just takes babies a while to start sleeping more at night. You hear some people say their babies sleep most of the night at a few weeks old, but those babies are the minority. Usually, around 3-4 months your baby will let you get more sleep. Hang in there-- You are doing great!

• Welcome to the surprising world of parenthood! There is no way to truly understand just how your life will change until after your baby is really here. Trust me, we've all been there!

I agree with what everyone else has said. You're doing great. These first few months are very rough. Between your rapidly developing baby, her own struggles to adjust to this new world, and your adjustment to being on-call 24/7, it's going to take some time before you get comfortable with these changes.And then. unfortunately, everything will change again!

My husband and I have only been married for about four-and-a-half years, and I was a single mom when we met. He thought that things would not change all that much when our own baby was born. Even now, more than two years later, he still says that he had no idea how much work babies took and how much sleep you lose during that first year.

There's no doubt that these first twelve months are unpredictable and trying, but they are equally rewarding, as well. It sounds like your baby is perfectly normal and doing well. And as long as you're trying to do your best as a mom, you're doing everything right. Feel free to vent or ask questions here, among your friends, and especially your family. What you need right now more than anything (except maybe sleep!) is support. That's what we're here for.

• Hi, I just wanted to welcome you to the boards.  I'll be in your spot again soon!  I have a 4 year old daughter named Lily and we're expecting a son in June.  It's easy to forget what it's like at the beginning!

• Hi my name is Claudia and I had my fourth daughter 2 months ago and i was getting up every 3 to 4 hours to feed her. I was worried that i was never going to get a good nights rest ever. At first it may seem that way but they do eventually sleep throught the night. A couple of days before i returned to work she sleeped through the night. I was worried at first but then I was very happy. Just be patient sleeping through the night will come.

• It can be pretty trying early on, dont let it get you down. Soon enough you'll master changing diapers while making breakfast (and wont mix them up Wink). The best part is you'll even look back on the early days with fond memories... funny how that works. Congratulations and welcome. Cant wait to hear more about you and your family!