Good Feeding Schedule

• If you do feed according to a schedule, what kind of schedule works best? 

My daughter is 3 months old and sleeps through the night, but we usually feed her at 11 PM.  And we usually have to wake her up to do that. 

She falls asleep at about 9 pm and then wakes up in the morning around 7 am; sometimes though I have to wake her up because I don't want to have to feed her at midnight if she wakes up at 8 am, for example. 

We feed her every 4 hours and she usually eats anywhere from 3 to 6 oz each time, for a daily total of around 20-23. 

And I'm wondering if there's anyway to get that last feeding in before she falls asleep so we can just go to bed when it's time.  :) 

Thanks!

• My 3 month old twins are on a great feeding schedule.  They eat every 3-4 hours ( 4-6 oz.)during the day and then at night if we feed them at 8 pm we will "top them off " at about 10 pm then they sleep till 5 am or 6 am.  and then the  whole process starts over.  It has worked great for us.

• My son is just turning 7 months old, and I have found that it is easier to let them create their feeding/sleeping schedule instead of "making" their schedule. For example, he would eat every 2-3 hours in a 24 hour period and sleep and play inbetween feedings up until about 6 months. He wouldn't go to bed until 10-10:30 and wake up at 12, 2, 4, &6. At 6 months is when he wanted to eat every 4 hours and sleep short amounts during the night. My husband and I were in the same boat as you are wondering how we can level the feedings throughout the day.  So what we did was just increase his amount of feeding by an ounce at night and that kept him satisfied for 4-6 hours(depending on how tired and how much stimulation he got during the day) Now he goes to bed between 8:30 & 9 and eats 5-6 oz before bed and waks up at around 1am, another 6 oz and stays asleep until 8am.

so my suggestion would be just to increase the liquid intake a 1/2 oz-1 oz and see if that makes a difference in the length of time she sleeps. Also, another suggestion is to adjust your sleep schedule to hers when she initially goes to bed. I know it sounds odd, but believe me, it makes a world of difference when you get 2 more hours of sleep before she wakes again versus an hour or waiting until she gets up for that feeding.

Good luck