Which bottles to use?

• Tommee Tippee. Super quick & easy to put together (and your not going to want to mess with multipe parts when you have a screaming baby) and they have never once leaked for me. My sister used Dr.Browns and they would always leak.

• We are using the Playtex Vent Aire.  We absolutely love them.  They help prevent gas.  They also have wide nipples so that it makes it easy for the baby to switch between breast to bottle.

• I pruchased the Avent bottles to use with my son who was born October 18, 2010. We first tried to breast feed but was not successful so we formula feed 100% now. The avent bottle is not designed for formula feeding, they product air bubbles like crazy and caused our son extreme gas. We switched to the Dr. Brown bottles and almost overnight the problem was solved, they have some extra parts and are a bit more work to clean but well worth it in the end. Hope this information is helpful, congratulations and good luck...

• Honestly, I think it depends on the baby. With mine, we spen so much time going back and forth between bottles because of gas. We finally just started going with the cheap bottles and got slow-drip nipples so that the milk would come out slower. I know there are a lot of great bottles out there, but it really depends on the baby and your financial system. Good luck on your hunt!!

• I have a 8-wk old baby girl, who was having gas problems in the beginning. While pregnant, I came across these tommee tippee bottles, and added them to my registry, as I was planning on breastfeeding, and wanted an easy transition. I highly recommend these bottles for the easy transition, and because they do cause less air to enter the baby's stomach as they are taking in milk from the bottle.

• I have a 3 week old son. I both breast and bottle feed. Tommee Tippee bottles are by far the best bottles I've found!

• the dr.browns bottle are good but alot of work to clean, if i knew that i would of got something different, many ppl told me to use the bottle with bags it takes the air out nautrally,

• First off... Congratulations! I am a new mother of a wonderful 3 month old and it has been the best experience of my life.  I'm breast feeding and supplementing with formula.  I have tried every bottle made, lol.  I've tried Evenflo, Playtex Drop in, Ventaire, Nuk, Dr. Browns and First Years...etc. So far, the Tommee Tippee bottles have won my vote.  They are awesome.  My son has had no issues going  from breast to bottle.  The nipple is made to resemble a breast.  It is extremely soft and my son seems to love it.  There are two different types of bottles that the brand makes.  One is the regular bottle, which has a vent hole to release the air in the bottle. You have to be sure to point the hold up at the babies nose.  The other is for colicky babies. It doesn't have the vent hole, but it has an inner part, which reduces colic.  I have tried both.  Fortunately, my little one isn't colicky, so the regular do just fine.  He does however have acid reflux, which in the beginning I thought was a result of other bottles that I tried.  Since the Tommee Tippes bottles, his reflux has gotten significantly better.  I found that with these bottles he burps very easily.  With the others I have tried, I would have to burp him for literally 30 minutes before a burp would come out!  I did also like the Dr. Browns, but my son seemed to favor the nipple on the Tommee Tippee a bit more.  The only con I have with these bottles is that I wasn't able to use them till my son was about 5 weeks old.  For some reason the slow flow nipple seemed to fast for him... it may have just been issues with the reflux bc he would do the same things when I breast fed.  I ended up having to use the regular evenflo nipple for colic and attached it to the medela bottles that I used to pump.  Also, he was pretty small at only 5 pounds, so that may have been the issue. Since every baby is different, your little one may be just fine. :)  Good luck and don't be afraid to try different bottles.  I thought I was set on the type of pacifier my little would use (Tomee Tippee's also) and he hated it.  I went through 6 different brands before finding one he loves. 

• Use Nuk bottles they are awesome. They help reduce colic and the nipple is shaped like the breast.

• Avent is the best.

• I have a 6 week old daughter. She has been strictly formula fed since she was born. We started her on the Avent bottles. for 2 1/2 weeks she had TERRIBLE gas. We switched her from Avent to Dr.Browns and I would HIGHLY reccomend Dr.Browns to anyone!!! Some of her issues were from the formula she was on so we did have to switch her formula to but a lot of it was the bottles.with the avent she was getting wayyyy to much air. you could hear her sucking in air everytime she ate. since she has been on the Dr.Browns her gas is GONE! As far as some people complaining they are a lot of work to clean. They have 2 extra pieces. One piece looks like a straw and the other is a round piece that goes into the straw piece kind of but sits on the top of it.thats all the extra pieces,so it is not that hard to clean. I wish I would have started her on Dr.Browns instead of avent. All I do to clean her bottlles is run your sinkful...I just do it half full. Then put all the parts in.swish them around for a minute or 2 and then rinse. then sterilize after. Honestly its no more work than a regular bottle.

• Congrads! I just had my baby in September 2010. She had a hard time with several nipples and bottles. I had to exchange my bottle purchases about 3 times. DR BROWN'S Bottles were my baby's favorite. You'll be able to tell what your baby likes and dislikes. If you are breast feeding-sometimes the nipple may need to be changed  to the wide nipple cause its a likeness to mom's breast. Or if the hospital is supplying the nipples and infant bottles, your baby might prefer that form of feeding. It will depend on your choice of bottles but it will be all up to your baby. TEST TRIAL a few bottle brands by buying one bottle at a time or a small bulk cause if you have to return them like I did-hold on to the receipts. Good Luck and have a safe and beautiful delivery.

• we found the nuk bottles the best especially while breastfeeding.. and there pretty cheap. :)

• Dr. Brown Natural flow are very good

• My favorites are the Playtex Drop-Ins with the NaturaLatch nipples. I prefer the nipple to Avent because it seems to be softer and easier for little ones to latch on. Clean up is a snap too!