Which bottles to use?

• The doctor Brown's bottles are exellent for preventing exess air and gassy upest tummies. But if you are going to be switching from breast to bottle, using a bottle that is "formed like the breast" is a good way to go. I switch between breast and bottle, not just for supplementing with formula, but you know, like when you are away at work. Anyways, I found that playtex ventaire advanced are really effective! They are much wider and have a smaller nipple protrusion, so baby has to work at using the bottle like he/she would with the breast. It's a slower flow naturally because of the shape, wich makes it more like breastfeeding. also the ventaire helps to prevent gassiness and tummy upset by allowing for air to vent. It seems like the bottle would leak when you look at them, but they are rather effective! Good luck and God bless

• I have 2 boys and have tried different bottles with each of them.  the playtex drop ins seem to work the best and we have had very little trouble with gas and colic. its very similar to breast feeding and super easy to clean them.  its nice to be able to get the air out of the bottle before feeding, that way baby doesn't suck a bunch of air! my 2nd son has had issues with colic and these are the best bottles we have tried! good luck in your search.  sometimes it takes trying a few different ones to find the right fit for your baby, they have their own opinions too!

• I just had my 3rd child in November and each one of them have had no problem with using the Playtex bottles. I have both the drop in liner bottles and the vent-air bottles and love both of them. Also like that I can switch out the nipple between the two different kinds of bottles they offer. I have many friends that have tried the Avent brand and all of them didn't like them and switched, which can be very costly. I like the Playtex brand because they are easy for baby to adjust between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. I would avoid Avent and also a smaller nipple bottles as the wider nipples like on the playtex drop ins or wide vent air are more like the breast. Good luck with your baby and bottle decision!!

• With my last baby which is now 2 months old. I use the Playtex Drop In bottles. I love them and they are easy to use. 

• i breastfed for the first week then switched to a bottle. my son wouldnt take any bottle for 3 days. i wasnt making enough milk (he was a big baby). so his pediatrician recommended playtex drop-ins. at first i was like oh great i didnt want to deal with those. but now i LOVE them! its so simply to just throw some drop-ins in the diaper bad with a bottle of water. you dont have to worry about have a clean bottle every time. just change the drop in and scald the nipple. so easy! my baby has hardly any gas bc the liners collpases as he sucks. the only down fall is not really knowing how much he drank. but i can live with that to have a happy healthy baby. dont knock it until you try it!

• I tried the Avent and was very disappointed in them, they were great 4yrs ago but the ones now caused a ton of gas for my little one.  I use the Playtex drop ins and we have had no problems, we are short on storage so using the liners are great for us and we travel a lot so it's more convient I just buy extra nipples to change out instead of the entire bottle.  Hope this helps, also if you are looking to save money I would just buy the bigger size and not waste your money on the smaller bottles, you will eventually be up to the bigger size around 4-5 months anyway.

• I breastfed my Daughter, and we tried to use Dr. Browns (too many pieces and a pain), Avent (leaked out the side), and Playtex Ventaire.  The Playtex worked the best for her when I was not nursing.  You may want to get one small bottle of each type, and go from there.  Also, some places like motherhood maternity, babies r us, and buy buy baby give you samples if you ask (or register). 

• we use Dr Browns bottles. We used them when I had my daugher and now with my son and they work wonders wouldn't chose any other brand of bottles. Although they may have a lot of parts to clean it's well worth it.

• Dr. Brown Bottles and or Avent bottles....no gas/fussiness

• tommee tippee bottles are the best i wish i hade them with my girl my son loves them so much

• My son is a little over 3 weeks old and I am breast feeding him, however he is already up to 4 oz. per feeding (feeding about every 3-4 hours) and I can not keep up with him. I use the Playtex drop ins and it seems to work really well. As long as you squeeze out the air in the drop ins before the feeding, there is no issue with spitting up and gasiness.

• I tried a few diffrent bottles from cheap to the expensive ones like Avant.. We tried the Dr. Browns and those have been by far the best. The only part i don't like is cleaning the extra parts. Buttt overall i love the those bottles and they work very well..Stick out tongueBig Smile

• I highly recommend the MAM anticolic baby bottles..i tried so many but finally the winner out of all check it out online im sure you'll love them and their so easy to clean.

• I USE THEM AND I LIKE THEM THE ONLY PROBLEM I FIND IS THEY LEAK SOMETIMES. THE DR BROWN IS VERY GOOD TO USE.

• I haven't had much of a problem once or twice they have leaked but it was because I didn't place the white valve in right once i had it in correctly they worked great..my boy is now 8 months old and he loves those bottles I tried the Dr brown's ones and he didn't like them, i guess its the nipple that he likes from the MAM and so far no colic problems. the pacifiers are great too im looking for to their sippy cups.